Facebook Reality Lab's mission is "To give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere". The teams working on augmented and virtual reality technologies at Facebook are on a mission to build the next computing platform centered around people. We continue to push the state-of-the-art with groundbreaking research into emerging technologies and hardware that will help bring this vision to life. We are building a team focused on building new products that support this mission. We are looking for an audio engineer to develop audio driver, audio firmware or audio AOSP layer. The position requires strong C++ coding skills, experience with AOSP, DSP and audio engines.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug audio features on Android systems.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of problem solving.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in C++, including use of C++11 features.
- 5+ years of experience creating audio software for games or other real time environments.
- 5+ years of experience in Android or Linux audio stack development.
- Proven track record of software development experience, including shipping one or more products.
- Communication experience and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.