Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
An immediate opportunity is available for a creative Social Media Specialist to keep MetroFocus' social audiences engaged and up-to-date. The Social Media Specialist will lead the social media presence for MetroFocus, creating shareable content to develop and expand audiences. Specific responsibilities include:
• Create social content that can live across multiple social platforms including scripts, fact checks and asset creation;
• Create engaging and shareable graphics, video and GIFs that reflect brand voice;
• Establish KPIs for programs and social platforms;
• Lead social media presence, edit and post short-form video;
• Maintain content calendars for all social platforms;
• Write compelling and accurate social copy and captions;
• Liaise with Audience Engagement and Social Media teams for cross promotional opportunities as well as to ensure campaigns are cohesive across broadcast, digital and social platforms;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and organization, strong writing skills, attention to detail as well as an understanding of media landscape and news presence. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of two years of experience working in social media with demonstrated success building a following on social platforms;
• Experience editing social video and understand what types of video audiences find engaging and shareable;
• Ability to communicate a message in brand tone and voice;
• Strong understanding of social analytics with ability to provide feedback on content performance;
• Proficiency with Adobe Create Suite including Premiere, Word Press and Google Analytics.
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago