Local Unit & Position Description
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is the discipline that incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies them to infrastructure and operations problems. The main goals are to create, deploy, and manage scalable and highly reliable software systems. SRE ensures that all services - both our internally critical and our externally visible systems - have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs while keeping a watchful eye on capacity and performance.We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help us grow our Centre of Enablement team. The successful candidate will work in an agile team environment on cloud-based enterprise applications deployed to both internal and external clients. The ideal site reliability engineer candidate is either a software engineer with a good administration background or a highly skilled system administrator with knowledge of coding and automation.What You'll Do
- Deployment of software to multiple operating environments; installation and configuration of demo/production/training environments
- Day-to-day administration of multiple operating environments including joint responsibility for our production environments
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in web-based operating environments, document defects in Azure DevOps, and work with colleagues to resolve issues
- Support DevOps efforts daily interacting with Development and Architects team members
- Support development of processes and procedures for deployment, operations, and maintenance
- Support web operations workflow automation using configuration management and continuous deployment frameworks
- Apply service delivery best practices
- Conduct post-mortems, investigate, analyze and document unplanned downtime events
- Automate existing manual processes
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Troubleshoot, stabilize, and resolve incidents when they occur.
- Perform incident analysis to gather findings and identify follow-up actions that lead to more reliable products
- Systems engineering or DevOps experience
- Developing and maintaining continuous deployment pipelines (e.g., Azure DevOps)
- Good knowledge of a scripting language like Powershell, Bash, Python
- Experience working on cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. Azure)
- Solid foundation in both software and systems engineering
- A strong desire to current on technical trends in order to suggest innovative tools and approaches to interesting problems
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Pre-employment drug and background screening
Nice to Have
- Experience securing cloud/web applications strongly desired
- Version Control Systems experience (GIT preferred)
- Azure ARM templating
- Grafana, Kiali
- Experience with site reliability engineering specifically with Azure cloud
- Experience with container and container orchestration technology (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Gitops Tools (e.g., ArgoCD, Flux)
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee electionHow We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston's best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal - Best Places to Work competition.
For more information
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
This job has expired.