The Simulation Developer creates simulations in the Unity game engine and performs self-guided work,
demonstrates in-depth technical knowledge, and mentors other team members. They work with a
cross-disciplinary team of game designers, instructional designers, software developers, content
developers, artists, and nursing experts to create educational simulations that train nursing students.
Job Tasks :
DEVELOPS new features, products and IMPROVES existing features
- Programs in Unity to implement and improve features, fix bugs, and architect new systems
- Builds tools to increase development velocity
- Documents design, functionality, and code
- Prepares and deploys builds to cloudfront and s3
COLLABORATES with a cross-functional team
- Participates in design studios
- Identifies MVP solutions for new projects
- Participates in Scrum processes - (e.g. plan/review/retro, daily stand-ups, maintaining board,
- identifying risks and blockers
- Supports testing of software (e.g. putting builds on dev or staging for internal and alpha testing)
ITERATES based on internal testing and user feedback
- Observes and documents user testing (e.g. student using our system)
- Contributes in code reviews and architecture planning meetings
- Troubleshoots issues, investigates problem reports, and develops approaches to identifying bugs
- Develops tests to promote quality
MENTORS new team members
Education and Experience :
- Effectively guides new team members to develop their skills in software development
- best-practices derived from literature, personal experience, or company historical decision
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computing or design (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
- Interactive Media Design) OR 5-6 years of related work experience and an A.S. degree in related
- computing or design discipline
- 3-5 years experience developing in Unity 3D or similar game engine
The job you are applying for is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- Computer graphics specialization: knowledge of 3D transforms, graphics pipeline, and shaders
- Completed projects using Object-Oriented Development (e.g. in C++, C#, or Java)
- Completed projects using an Agile Methodology and SCRUM Framework.
- Completed projects using version control (e.g. SVN, Git)
- Completed projects using test-driven development, unit testing, and integration tests in a framework (e.g . NUnit)
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of vaccination showing their last dose of a COVID-19 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance you should speak to a recruiter about requesting an exemption/accommodation.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.