Posted in Engineering
Oversees all transportation related activities including transportation metrics and financial performance for GST - Houston. Acts as liaison between Purchasing, Production planning, Manufacturing and Logistics in matters pertains to delivery and carrier compliance. Manage all NAFTA certificates and compliant regulations.
1. Develop and maintain monthly reports, and productivity measurements for the Logistics department.
2. Create carrier guides annually (or as needed) based on price, delivery, and service quality.
3. Ability to work across departments and divisions as a member of the EnPro transportation council and implements defined strategies.
4. Arranges and schedules daily pickup's and exports with customers and their associated carriers
5. Development and enrichment of all shipping and receiving associates.
6. Daily management of the Receiving Department functions (Incoming Inspection/ Material identification, management and distribution)
7. Daily management of the Shipping and Packing Department functions (domestic and international shipments / packaging of materials / shipping documents / export filings / freight quotes)
8. Support inventory management consisting of reconciling and maintaining of department's supplies inventory
9. Ensure that orders are processed and shipped in a timely manner, increasing OTD
10. Commits to Continuous Improvement
11. Assist audits of freight invoices and month-end processing to incorporate finance accruals.
12. Completes all reporting for logistics area such as carrier performance scorecards, premium freight calculation.
13. Responsible for compliance with the American Export System.
14. Act as liaison between Supply Chain Management and the Logistics department to facilitate global supply chain initiatives.
15. Address Customer Complaints related to the Logistics Department.
16. Acts as liaison between carrier base and plant factory.
17. Optimize warehouse space utilization.
1. Organizational Skills
2. Management Skills
3. Analytical Skills
4. Problem Solver
5. Technical Capacity
6. Self-motivated/Innovative/Open minded
7. Teamwork Orientation
9. Time Management
10. Communication Proficiency
Factory floor and Office environment
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
1. Associates degree preferred in Logistics.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office
2. Good communication and organization skills required.
3. Strong computer skills.
4. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Excellent PC skills required to include spreadsheets and word processing in a Windows environment.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
7. Formal training in, or experience in dealing with international regulations as well as knowledge of DOT regulations and NAFTA regulations.
8. Must be able to manage time and delegate responsibilities of the team to maximize efficiency and performance
1. Maintain 5S standards on a daily basis.
2. Adhere to all safety rules and guidelines.
3. Collaborate with physical inventory preparation and execution.
4. Participate in safety culture.
5. Flexibility to float into other positions as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title.
Garlock provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Garlock complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Dickinson, North Dakota
Posted 27 minutes ago
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posted 27 minutes ago
Posted 27 minutes ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our