MCA, your trusted advisor for wireless communications, data, and security services is seeking a Service Manager for our Greenville, SC location to support our growing Motorola Shop Services division. Two-way radios are the go-to technology for enterprises around the world; connecting people wherever they need clear, instant, and reliable communications.
MCA is building a team of people to share our core values of service first, teamwork, growth, and safety. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Direct all phases of technical and service programs from inception through completion.
- Full responsibility for managing and scheduling the team of technical and administrative staff and provide feedback and counsel when needed to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, while providing excellent customer service and building trust.
- Maximize current maintenance contracts and all other reoccurring revenue
- Producing quotes for service work, responding to RFP and RFQ's and estimating time and cost to complete work requested.
- Financial responsibility for the service department including creating budgets, cost containment, inventory control, monitor overtime expenditures, growth, and profitability.
- Run open ticket report at the end of each week as well as the invoice register with detail and review all outstanding activity and month-to-date performance.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review weekly goals invoicing and service performance.
- Set and achieve goals, establish priorities, provide flexibility for customers, technicians, administration, invoicing, and problem resolution.
- Maintain cross training of individuals within the existing personnel for all administrative positions.
- Strong leadership attributes, customer service, professional experience in managing resources, organization and planning, computer, and good interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience in technical / service management in the wireless industry, or similar experience.
- Experience with leading teams within a technical / cross-functional environment.
- Proficiency in leading efforts in installation, optimization, maintenance and repair of communications systems or similar high-tech equipment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, perform under pressure, be highly motivated, adaptable, and dependable.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) devices and systems is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work / military experience.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 25%) Some overnight travel may be expected.
WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired more than forty companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1350 employees and more than 85 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”