GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Server - $14.69/hour
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin's picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring Servers for Summer 2022! This position pays $14.69/hour.
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
- 50% discount on all meals
- $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team! JOB SUMMARY
The Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders. Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submit food order into kitchen.
- Serve guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintain pleasant dining experience. Check on guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs. Deliver check and completes transaction making accurate change when necessary.
- Perform clean-up duties after each meal service; and, prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keep assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by Company policy and law.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Touch-screen computer. POS System and credit card machine.
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies/solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.