Senior UX Designer/UX Researcher
Would you like to help create a smooth user-experience?
Do you enjoy collaborating with teams to create amazing customer products?
About our Team: Our team ensures a smooth and enjoyable user-experience to help our customers advance science. We strive to gain a deep understanding of their needs and design solutions to help them reach their goals. We collaborate to create a superior user-experience by observing high standards of research and applying user-centered-design principles to create innovative products.
About the Role: This is a dual competency role, Sr. UX Designer and Researcher. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be leading in a complex problem space to design effective tools for researchers. Adopting a human-centered approach, you'll address user's needs through innovative and inspirational design. As a Researcher, you will take ownership for delivering end-to-end research projects to extract valuable user feedback to help product and feature development. Your input will translate directly into design decisions and performance of our products.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to understand the needs and practices of scientists in different domains
- Partnering with our Analytics team to measure business and user value of concepts and innovations
- Planning and carrying out user-research of concepts and designs and to translate these into actionable insights
- Contributing to the product road-map through research and visualization of the user and their journeys
- Manage the User Centered Design deliverables for the project
- Assist in the developing strategy for the customer-facing product/application
- Proactively uses data to establish key metrics for projects
- Regularly tests design work with users, iterate based on testing and data analysis.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of customer use cases.
- Mastery of User-centered design process
- Mastery of interaction design skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Human Factors Engineering and other User-Centered Design methodologies.
- Demonstrate User-Research experience and a background in information and workflow products across web and mobile.
- Have a solid portfolio or research cases demonstrating experience of crafting products and services that meet user needs
- Show experience with analytical tools and A/B testing
- Have experience collaborating with product owners, designers and developers to share and propose ideas for improvements
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.