Senior Underwriter - Middle Market Property
Everest Insurance Company
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance organization with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management.
At Everest, we believe that our future is determined by the actions we take today. Actions that go beyond business strategy and encompass the values important to our employees and the communities in which we operate. Everest's value commitments include: providing an inclusive work environment that offers employees the opportunity to further their development, supporting our communities through the donation of time and financial resources, maintaining our integrity across all aspects of the group, and being an industry innovator to solve global complex risks.
The US Property - Middle Market division of Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join our Midwest region.
This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Everest Property Middle Market product for the Central region, reporting to the head of Middle Market Property. The selected candidate will assist in implementation of a plan for growth in the region while creating brand awareness for Everest. This plan will include goals and objectives for the team as well as for the region. This candidate will also be responsible for providing thought leadership and collaboration within Middle Market and Everest as a whole, with a focus on underwriter development.
- Building and underwriting a diverse and profitable book of business.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with appointed brokers.
- Developing, implementing and controlling pricing and a risk selection standard that supports strategic objectives and achieve desired financial goals.
- Effectively working with Actuarial, Claims, Loss Control, Operations, Finance, and Information Technology.
- Mentor and coach underwriters both technically and professionally.
- Maintain awareness of competitor capabilities and strategies, as well as the overall insurance marketplace.
- Bachelors or a Master's Degree with a minimum of 7 years Commercial Property underwriting experience.
- Experience in the single-carrier solutions property market.
- Be self-motivated and independent while maintaining underwriting discipline to achieve strategic objectives.
- Broad retail broker network.
- Possess excellent communication skills and with in-depth product knowledge of property products and pricing methodology.
- Thorough understanding, knowledge and experience with property exposures and portfolio management.
- Understanding of loss control and amount subject underwriting.
- Pro-active approach to a collaborative culture.
- Experience with single carrier property programs.
- Must be highly organized to balance marketing and production.
- Possess operational discipline to assure highest levels of product quality and customer service.
- The ability to travel up to 25%
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Chicago, IL - South Riverside
As an effective team member, employees at Everest Insurance must champion the Everest Insurance Culture:
• Collaboration: Open and transparent communication with customers and colleagues
• Thoughtful Assumption of Risk: Supporting the Everest goal of carefully writing profitable business by ensuring data quality, prompt and accurate feedback to Underwriters, and operational control throughout the enterprise.
• Execution: Delivering outstanding support to the organization through strong day-to-day business operations, effective project management, and careful oversight of vendors.
• Humility: Caring and respectful approach to service colleagues, customers, and the community.
• Leadership: By example, every day.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: For employees working in the New York City or Toronto offices, Everest requires all individuals hired into this position to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment, unless the Company has granted an exemption.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.
This job has expired.