The AMN Healthcare Open Talent Marketplace is a centralized, end-to-end portal enabling healthcare facilities to quickly staff and manage their entire range of contingent talent.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join a team of talented software developers to help us grow the AMN Healthcare Open Talent Marketplace and strive to help healthcare organizations provide a quality patient care experience that is more human, more effective, and more achievable.
We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and helping others by relentlessly pursuing mastery in the Clean Coding practices and Extreme Programming (XP) principles of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Refactoring, Pair Programming, and Simple Design.
- Passion for continual learning and finding innovative ways of helping others.
- Self-driven; like to solve problems on your own, but not afraid to ask for help and enjoy collaborating with others.
- Enjoy discussing how new features can be built with teams and end users.
- Prefer working in distributed team environments with members working both remotely and on-site from our office locations.
- Like sharing your work, ideas, and lessons learned with others in your team and across the organization.
Requirements & Competencies
- Participate in agile software teams.
- Practice, coach, and mentor others in software development using Clean Coding practices and the Extreme Programming (XP) principles of test-driven development, pair programming, refactoring, and always striving for simple design.
- Work with your team, development managers, product managers, and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements to implement solutions including code development and design.
- Regular participation in code reviews and design reviews.
- Provide and receive technical direction and solutions with other team members, peers, and leaders.
- Develop solutions using Microsoft tools and frameworks (.Net, C#, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, GitHub, etc).
- Developing and implementing secure, distributed RESTful services in an Event-Driven Architecture using Microsoft .Net Framework and Azure Cloud services.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor solutions and platforms built on Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, etc) and Azure Cloud ecosystems.
- Use package management tools such as NuGet and NPM.
- Understanding and implementing common standards for Authentication and Authorization with enterprise web applications.
- Developing solutions using modern distributed Software Architecture Patterns (e.g. CQRS/Event Sourcing, Service Bus, etc.), while adhering to simple design.
- Coordinate large complex work efforts which include estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, and assisting with resolving issues
Our Core ValuesRespect • Passion • Continuous Improvement • Trust • Customer Focus • Innovation AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
- Excellent communication, coaching, and mentoring skills; ability to effectively relate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and articulate the business value of a given technical solution.
- Technical skills include writing code, testing, debugging, observability, understanding code, software architecture, and security.
- Software delivery includes incremental value delivery, work breakdown, prioritization/dependencies, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-organization includes reliability, delivery, accountability, and economic thinking.
- Feedback, communication, and collaboration: delivering feedback, seeking and receiving feedback, effective communication, knowledge sharing, and teamwork.
- Leadership in the areas of decision-making, driving alignment, process-thinking, facilitation, and mentoring.
- Strategic impact, i.e. the business, engineering, and team strategies along with product thinking.
- Background and passion for healthcare are a plus.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
We value professionalism in everything we do - this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
$133,500.00 - $158,500.00Pay Rate
Final pay rate is dependent on experience, training, education, and location.