PG191411EPInternal Recruitment :
Senior Scientist I - AIM-BioAnticipated Hiring Range:
$95,000 - 100,000 (Commensurate with education and experience)Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, occasional early morning, nights and/or weekend work.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
BTEC Biomfg Training Ed CtrAbout the Department:
The Golden LEAF Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC) is a unique, cross-disciplinary instructional center that provides educational and training opportunities to develop skilled professionals for the biomanufacturing industry. BTEC's audience includes NC State University students and professionals already involved in biomanufacturing or related industries. BTEC also provides bioprocess development and analytical services to a wide range of customers from academia and industry.Essential Job Duties:
Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Deliver courses to university students in subject matter related to biomanufacturing. This includes a variety of topics related to (1) fermentation and cell culture for biopharmaceutical production, (2) recovery and purification operations for biomolecules, (3) cGMP biomanufacturing, and/or (4) analysis of biomolecules for human use.
- Develop and deliver short courses to industry professionals in support of the AIM-Bio program. Topics of particular interest include protein precipitation, spray drying and freeze drying of biopharmaceutical products, analysis of raw materials, and trends in biopharmaceutical recovery and purification.
- As part of a team, participate in research projects executed as part of the AIM-Bio program.
- Advise/mentor undergraduate/graduate students in bioprocessing projects, particularly those related to developing courses and/or executing research under the AIM-Bio program.
- Supervise scientists who will support development and execution of hands-on courses as part of the AIM-Bio program.
- Identify, source, and commission new equipment, particularly equipment needed for AIM-Bio activities.
- Communicate as needed to service providers, clients, and collaborators within and outside the university.
- Keep up with latest scientific and engineering developments in biopharmaceutical processing.
- Write grant proposals that provide funding for technology development, educational initiatives, etc.
- Publish and present, particularly on behalf of BTEC and the AIM-Bio program to communicate project objectives and status to various stakeholders.
- Gain local (within the state) recognition.
- Provide leadership to BTEC.
Perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
*Required degree must be completed prior to start date.Other Required Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in engineering or life science (chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, or related discipline)
- M.S. in engineering or life science (chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, or related discipline) with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the life sciences or biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated expertise in upstream processing, downstream processing, or analysis of biopharmaceuticals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to present information clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals from a wide range of positions, from university students to faculty and staff at both NC State and Technical University of Denmark, to leading scientists and leaders of corporations and non-profit organizations.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing projects, priorities, and schedules.
- Well-developed attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and the MS Office suite, specifically MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint (or similar software).
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Prior experience teaching at the college level and/or teaching industry professionals.
- Hands-on experience in some aspect of cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing, analysis or research/development.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: protein precipitation for biomolecule purification, spray drying, freeze drying, analysis of biopharmaceutical raw materials, intermediate, products.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
12/14/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
OtherIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
148501 - BTEC-Biomfg Training Ed CtrAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.