The Senior Product Manager I will own a Law Enforcement product(s) or product feature(s) and lead project execution. Individuals in this role will immediately become part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment that supports the development of innovative and creative product solutions. They will own the development/implementation process for assigned features throughout sprint development cycles, with minimal guidance that is based qualitative and quantitative customer understanding and will represent their product/feature to peers and managers within the company, and externally when required. They will represent the needs of the customer to the delivery team and will support and participate in the demo to key stakeholders at program milestones. The ideal candidate will be able to execute on the product vision and roadmap plan, develop clear go-to-market launch plans through coordinated development with customer-facing teams, and have a solid understanding of the customer and target market. They will develop strong technology relationships looking for ways to address customer needs and will be seen as a critical stakeholder for feedback on new feature ideas. In addition, they will informally coach more junior PMs for the development and success of the public safety team.
This position can be home based but must be able to work East coast hours.
• Gathers, evaluates and has a solid understanding of customer use cases.
• Maintains close contact with customers to gain a sense for where the market is heading given multiple considerations.
• Creates processes that are adept at recognizing customer needs.
• Aligns/coaches the team to ensure customer needs are met.
• Understands competitors and regulatory environment.
• Segments markets and understands needs of those sub-segments in greater detail.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
• Leverages metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensures that product efforts move those metrics.
• Is proficient at pulling and accessing data from multiple sources, and managing through data ambiguity.
• Considers various options to balance complex conflicting priorities.
• Identifies the most important data to consider and sets KPIs, priorities and dashboards.
• Develops multiple hypothesis-driven product evaluation strategies, including AB testing for interactive products, and assesses the expected efficacy of each.
• Is comfortable to take an analytical, data-driven approach for situations where rigorous data sets are unavailable.
Go to Market & Product Marketing Lifecycle
• Develops clear go to market launch plans through coordinated development with external customer facing teams such as marketing and sales.
• Drafts PR, marketing and sales collateral.
• Develops or supports pricing strategy, if applicable.
• Is independently accountable for portions of launch and strategy execution as assigned.
• Drives process and external communication for products that will be sunsetted, including plan for migrating customers.
• Supports and participates in business strategic planning, contributing to sales and business development strategy.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
• Has a thorough understanding of the broader product experience and uses this knowledge to develop comprehensive prototypes.
• Drives key end-to-end lifecycle components, from planning to release.
• Has a thorough understanding of the company's SDLC processes, including agile processes.
• Helps drive solutions for complicated design challenges.
• Writes clear requirements for complex features or products and is responsive to requests for clarifications.
• Manages product without direct supervision, involving manager or other senior leaders only when appropriate.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
• Develops product vision and roadmap plan aligned with business strategy and communicates across all critical stakeholders.
• Understands and communicates the need to show a return on investment and prepares an operating budget for the product.
• Uses knowledge of competitors to inform product decisions and roadmaps.
• Writes or supports business cases for investment.
• Understands how to use data to drive commercial decisions and growth opportunities for the product.
• Understands company technology stack at a high level, for the broader product.
• Utilizes or extend the company's platform and underlying technologies to create new product features.
• Speaks knowledgably with tech and data counterparts about development approaches in consideration.
• Learns about new technologies to support new product development efforts.
• Is comfortable analyzing data using existing software packages (e.g. Excel).
• Takes ownership of own development and career
• Initiates regular conversations with manager, coach or mentor regarding self-development
• Understands what is required by the business to be successful and maps development plan accordingly
• Learns from success and failures
• Looks to build challenges into current assignments
• Utilizes formal and informal networks effectively
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
• Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
• Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
• Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
• Develops new ideas to improve process or product, and is able to prepare implementation plans
• Integrates and builds on new ideas from others
• Creates new opportunities by applying different perspectives and challenging the status -quo
• Is recognised as an innovative thinker
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
• Provides clear instructions and direction to others
• Is able to both actively listen to and effectively question to understand another's viewpoint
• Helps others understand situations by communicating business context
Collaboration and Teamwork
• Encourages co-operation between all members of the team
• Seeks team members' input and expertise; facilitates open and interactive discussion of matters affecting the team
• Helps people to resolve conflict
• Identifies and removes barriers to team performance
• Identifies ways for further collaboration across teams
• Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams
• Works effectively with others to get work done
• Treats all individuals with respect
• Handles difficult situations, minimizing conflict
Inspires and motivates others to high performance
• Brings to the group a high level of energy and enthusiasm
• Supports others when they go the extra mile
• Fosters a supportive environment where appropriate coaching, training and development and other resources are provided to increase the competence, morale and confidence of team members
• Takes time to understand individuals holistically, i.e. what is important to them both at work and outside of work
• Shares own specialist skills and knowledge with other members of the team
• Acts as a buddy to new individuals on a team
• Looks for opportunities to provide feedback to others
Focus On Results
Drives for Results
• Communicates expectations clearly
• Follows through on commitments to ensure they are successfully completed and goal are achieved
• Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals
• Builds commitment in others for their individual and team objectives
Experience (US Only) and Education
Suggested Minimum Years of PM Experience: 6-8 years
Posted 19 minutes ago
Posted 1 minute ago
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Posted 1 minute ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!