Senior Product Manager
Would you enjoy working on products that make a difference in the science and healthcare space?
Are you passionate about building and managing the future of innovative products that wow our customers?
About our Team
The Global Content Partners team at Elsevier, works with external authors, editors and contributors to create content to support both digital and print products. Our mission is to create content that improves outcomes in science and healthcare and sustains well-being today and tomorrow. Elsa is an authoring platform that enables collaborative authoring and editing of our reference titles and the delivery of that content as data. With Elsa, we are creating the foundation for digital first content that enables innovation with the ability to deliver contextualized, personalized products
About the Role
As the Senior Product Manager, reporting directly to the VP, Content Strategy and Business Development, you will be responsible for defining, prioritizing and building new features and capabilities that ensure Elsa delivers content enrichment and a great authoring experience. You will work closely with a global customer base, cross-functional team members and internal stakeholders to build and manage the future of the product. You will lead a squad consisting of engineers, making sure the team focuses on items that have the highest value for our end users and the business.
- Interacts with customers regularly, and has a solid understanding of customer use cases
- Leverages metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensures product efforts move those metrics
- Is proficient at pulling and accessing data from multiple sources and managing through data ambiguity
- Considers various options to balance complex conflicting priorities
- Develops clear go to market launch plans through coordinated development with external customer facing teams such as marketing
- Has a thorough understanding of the broader product experience and uses this knowledge to develop comprehensive prototypes
- Drives key end to end life-cycle components, from planning to release
- Develops product vision and roadmap plan aligned with business strategy and communicates across all critical stakeholders
- Provides product messaging and articulates value propositions by segment and persona; drafts PR and marketing collateral
Work in a way that works for you
- Experience as a full owner of a product or sizeable feature of a complex product
- Proven experience in the release of a new product or product features to the market, from collaborative conceptualization to execution to post- release management
- Frequent product customer engagements that lead to positive commercial outcomes
- Preferable experience with content and/or authoring tools/content management systems
- Suggested 6-8 years of product management experience
- Engages frequently with product customers to lead positive commercial outcomes
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productiveWorking with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
• Disability insurance
• Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
• Life and Accident Insurance
• Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
• Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacyAbout Us
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.