Location: Augusta, KY
Description: Our plastics Manufacturing client is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer. Someone from the Cincinnati area will be uniquely positioned for this role to to serve on the internal tech team and work heavily with R&D team out of mason OH as well as the plant location in Augusta, KY. Specific cast extrusion experience is required for this role.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Plans, directs and coordinates the processing activities of assigned equipment, including determining process capabilities, establishing Standard Operating Conditions, and managing the process control strategies to maintain quality standards.
- Work with production units to identify and address process reliability opportunities through cross-functional collaboration (including R&D and outside vendors) to maintain and improve plant efficiency, productivity, and processes.
- Coordinates all plant activities that involve the Division's Engineering Group.
- Coordinates scheduled downtime and trial work to ensure efficient production.
- Plans, specifies and recommends any equipment or facilities revisions or modifications as needed.
- Promote and support highest level of safety, both personally and with others
- Work with customers to define product specification within our process capabilities
- Identify and address process reliability opportunities through cross-functional collaboration (including R&D and outside vendors) to improve productivity / cost
- Manage polymer melt flow process modeling and support process improvements
- Demonstrate good judgement and strong decision making skill to troubleshoot process issues
- Understand manufacturing process and operational principles of production in order to develop new products and optimize existing products.
- BS in Engineering, chemistry or related field
- 3-5 years of engineering/manufacturing related experience.
- Cast extrusion experience required
- CAD drafting experience required. Computer modeling experience preferred
- Six sigma or LEAN experience in plastic extrusion manufacturing setting
- Experience with Elastomeric technology preferred
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.