If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Location : Sylvester Cancer Center
The University of Miami/UHealth SCCC Department of Pediatric Oncology has an exciting opportunity for a full time Sr. Nurse Educator.
The Sr. Nurse Educator coordinates and provides clinical education to nursing and patient care staff, and facilitates an evidenced-based practice within assigned area. The incumbent collaborates with other disciplines to promote quality outcomes for a specialized group of patients. Moreover, the Senior Nurse Educator coordinates and performs supportive nursing services, ensuring adherence to Joint Commission standards and all related UHealth policies, procedures, and guidelines.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Designs and conducts educational programs for nursing staff. Provides educational leadership to enhance patient care.
- Assesses and facilitates educational support according to nursing needs. Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and unit management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Assesses and develops clinical skills activities within established clinical and preceptorship models. Aggregates and analyzes data trends, and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Creates and implements educational curricula designed to develop patient care plans and incorporate evidenced-based research and national standards.
- Consults with and serves as a clinical resource for unit management to ensure quality patient care.
- Coordinates education of patient care staff to ensure proper use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices. Maintains professional knowledge by affiliating with professional and technical organizations, and by participating in applicable continuing education programs, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Certification and Licensing:Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: