Location: Mahwah, NJ
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Materials Engineer for a 12 month + contract.
As a Senior Materials Engineer, you will lead failure investigations, materials analyses, and monitor product defect complaints. You will address and expedite product complaints under the company's complaint policy and procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. This person will monitor complaint activity and provide suggestions to appropriate company authorities to modify existing manufacturing or packaging process based upon pattern and related failure analyses. Maintain unified product defect investigation operating procedures. Maintain and monitor systems to ensure that all product complaint investigations received are appropriately investigated from a materials failure analysis and concluded per the company's complaint handling procedure. You should love solving novel problems in a fast paced and stimulating environment. This is an individual contributor role that requires the use of judgement in applying professional expertise and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision. Roles typically require a university degree or an extensive amount of practical knowledge gained through experience. Job requires an understanding and application of procedures and concepts of own discipline. The job requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information.
Additional Job Details:
What you need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 5+ years' experience in materials analysis, testing, and development ideally in a strongly regulated environment such as medical device, military or aerospace industry
• Strong proficiency in failure analysis techniques/tools including scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, hardness testing, metallographic sample preparation and analysis
• Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing methods, common defects, and resultant failure modes.
• Experience with GD&T, welding techniques, and metallographic weld examination
• Expertise in a failure mode identification across a range of material classes: polymeric, metallic, and ceramic, with a focus on biocompatible materials.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with Product Development, Operations, and Regulatory teams; and to lead cross functional investigations
• Demonstrated results orientation, multi-tasker, and quick learner; demonstrated ability to respond to the urgent needs of the team and track record of meeting agreed upon deadlines
• Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Demonstrated expertise leading failure investigations and performing Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, and reliability testing
Engineer, Intermediate, 5 years, Preferred
Technical Troubleshooting, Intermediate, 5 years, Preferred
Mechanical Engineer, Intermediate, 5 years, Preferred
Blueprint Reading, Guru, 5 years, Preferred
Technical problem-solving, Guru, 5 years, PreferredContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.