What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 2.3M+ global associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design, and change management.
What you'll do...
This is a People Partner role supporting the Tax, Treasury, and Risk teams, which is part of Walmart's Global Finance organization. In this role, you will work with the organization's leadership supporting their day-to-day people needs in addition to driving HR strategy and execution. You'll also lead and enable the business partner organization through Walmart's people practices, including performance calibrations, compensation planning, workforce planning, talent reviews, succession planning, etc. This role also acts as an advisor to leadership in evaluating the talent pipeline and identifying and implementing strategies to build and maintain a strong bench of talent enabling the team to meet current and future business objectives.
The successful candidate will have prior experience as a People Partner or a similar role.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Defining the human resources strategy to support assigned business area by understanding strategic business goals and objectives; advising on the execution of organizational change initiatives; assessing human resources implications of various strategies; providing guidance to business leaders on human resources issues.
- Driving consistent execution of the company's human resource practices, systems, and personnel-related activities by auditing human resources practices; analyzing and interpreting reports; creating action plans to resolve instances of non-compliance; conducting observations and investigations; developing and delivering human resources methodology and process training programs; and providing human resources advice and consulting for managers.
- Directing human resource and business data analysis and management by collaborating with cross-functional partners to identify, collect, and analyze data; conducting data analysis on cross-functional data; identifying and escalating risks and concerns ; interpreting and summarizing data for reports and presentations; making data-driven recommendations; administrating and utilizing Share Point and other collaborative tools; creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates; and maintaining information security and confidentiality.
- Managing and monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures by keeping current on laws and regulations related to general human resource practices and regulations related to licensure and certification ; implementing and monitoring human resource compliance; implementing action plans to improve performance and reduce instances of non-compliance; and directing the management teams in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Driving the execution of multiple people related projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Providing development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.About Walmart
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 4 years' experience in human resources or related area OR 6 years'
experience in human resources or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Project Management, Supervisory
Human Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - CertificationPrimary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home." - Adele Garcia, Global HR OperationsHello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
This job has expired.