Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 21809
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for ensuring import and export activities are conducted in accordance with the rules and regulatory requirements of US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Commerce and other applicable governmental agencies. This position incumbent will work closely with Trade compliance managers, supply management, international logistics and order to ensure goods move quickly and efficiently while complying with all material classification and free trade agreement laws and regulations.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Updates and maintains Customs Compliance harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) Database to ensure Lincoln merchandise is assigned proper HTS codes and country of origin designations.
- Partners with Research & Development and vendors to determine the Export Control Classification Number (ECN), valuation, country of origin, marking and Partner government Agencies (PGA) requirements.
- Reviews Preferential Trade Agreement (USMCA and others) eligibility and prepress applicable certificates.
- Executes annual affidavit of origin collection from vendors.
- Works and communicates with Customs brokers to ensure accurate and timely Customers entry process.
- Conducts pre/post entry audit and process Post Summary Corrections (PCS).
- Ensures the proper use of duty programs resolution. Identifies areas needing improvements, works with supervisor and collaborates to develop action plans and executes.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various departments and provides support.
- Communicates and ensures Lincoln practices and policies are followed by vendors and forwarders.
- Continually identifies opportunities for improvement and performs risk analysis.
- Maintains close working relationship with internal and external contacts to understand and apply best practices.
- Participates in the review, development and implementation of customs compliance procedures and internal training programs.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with internal contacts for denied party screening of trade partners
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- College degree preferably in International Trade, Logistics or related business field.
- 5+ years experience
- Experience with SAP helpful and Microsoft required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate needs to Government Officials.
- Licensed customs Broker or CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) helpful.
- Ability to make decisions and guide internal management.
- Six Sigma Lean certification is a plus.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Welding, Database, ERP, SAP, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.