Preferred SkillsABOUT YOU
Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 1,600 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. We should update this, MEG is up to 2500 employees
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of 10 laboratories servicing air, water, soil, tobacco, cannabis, and toxicology testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance.
Our Richmond, VA facility is currently seeking a Full-Time Senior Manager (Toxicology)
As a key member of the laboratory team, a Senior Manager directly supervises Group Leaders for each of the toxicology functional areas acting as lead on project scheduling while working with group leaders to maximize production. The senior manager also equips and maintains a well-trained and informed staff to meet the expectations of our clients by efficiently and profitably generating defensible data on time, works on technical/scientific project activities to execute strategies and solutions that meet client needs and expectations, and leads technical discussions with clients with a high level of technical proficiency. Additional duties are:Primary Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best. Leads design of experimental plans based on the defined deliverables.
- Accurate and timely communication with internal and external clients
- Personnel supervision, time management, and operational efficiency
- Project scheduling
- Plans project scope, timing and resource requirements
- Collaborates with group leaders and technical leads from other cross functional areas to ensure clear expectations and successful deliverables.
- Protocol and report writing
- Study Director for GLP and non-GLP projects
- Hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions
- Conflict resolution, personnel skills development and team building
- Development of new methods
- Improvements to existing methods
- Preparation of data summaries for inclusion in client reports.
- Occasional split shift and/or weekend duties
- Instrument calibration and maintenance as needed
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Write and assist the QAC with updating related SOPs
- Trains and mentors less experienced smoke technicians or analysts and provides coaching, mentoring and technical leadership
- Maintain adequate consumables and parts for analyses
- Maintaining organized records of sample preparation and analysis, and equipment maintenance
- Initiate and address non-conformance issues
- Overhead projects designed to improve efficiency of, or accuracy of analyses
- Comply with Enthalpy's Quality Assurance Program and other policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Lab Supervisor or Lab Director
- Ensure staff comply with Enthalpy's Health and Safety Plan
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Master's or PhD. degree in a scientific field (biology, molecular biology, toxicology, or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working in the lab or leadership position required.
- Shows the ability to organize, communicate, and facilitate priorities to staff in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of general lab practices and lab safety
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Understanding the underlying the principles that underpin the assays being performed
- Ability to organize, communicate, and facilitate priorities to staff in an effective manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure during stressful times
- Able to handle non-routine samples and be capable of managing an effective workflow in their department (this includes managing man-hours, machine time and logistics for numerous assays)
MAKE THE MOVE
- Knowledge with the Neutral Red Uptake, AMES, in vitro Micronucleus, or other genotoxicity assays preferred but not required
- Experience with flow cytometry preferredbut not required
- Knowledge of OECD guidelines 129, 471, and 487 preferredbut not required
- Knowledge of Health Canada guidelines T501, T502, and T503 preferredbut not required
- Knowledge of FDA Bacteriological Analytical Manual preferredbut not required
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 preferredbut not required
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.