Computer World Services, Corporation (CWS) is seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as Senior informatica Developer for The United States Secret Services (USSS), Officer of the Chief Information Officer, Software Solutions Services program responsible for building and maintaining custom application projects, databases and reporting capabilities allowing the agency to complete both its protective and investigative mission. The Software Solutions program builds custom software using the latest technologies from Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, IBM Cognos, Data Warehouse and ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS).
The Candidate will provide senior level resources to support development, testing, and deployment of Informatica Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions at an enterprise level. The solutions should include methods to meet all requirements of performing operations and maintenance of the Informatica mappings. Develops requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assists other project members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; modeling and simulation; disaster recovery; and requirements management.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide Informatica administration and provide technical support of existing mappings. Also, the objective is to solve existing and evolving data integration requirements using the Informatica tool set
- Must apply the correct ETL design to push data to required targets
- Test Informatica ETL solutions and ensure data quality remains intact during any data transformation operation
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data when extracting and loading data into targets
- Provide solutions to optimize ETL processes, mappings, and functions to improve data quality, data security and data consistency
- Improve the collaboration between business data owner and CIO Informatica team to enhance operational data integration
- Automate web service Informatica workflows per project requirement
- Provide a means for the Informatica Group to improve its ability to scale and support growing data volumes and workloads
- Develop a plan for implementation of Informatica ETL best practices
- Implement Informatica solutions to integrate and analyze metadata from disparate systems.
- Determine, document, and develop a plan on how to manage the Informatica repository and Security Management at all levels including Informatica tool, repository, and server
- Execute performance tuning techniques at all levels of the Informatica installation
- Assist the Quality Assurance team during testing and validation of ETL mappings within the Informatica environments.
- Plan and execute the transformation of data based on requirements using Informatica built-in transformations.
- Provide the ability within the Informatica tool set to access data from various heterogeneous sources including structured, unstructured and semi structured data source (RDBMS, XML, Flat Files, Legacy Applications, etc.)
Education & Experience
- BS preferred from an accredited university (required)
- Minimum of 7+ years of related IT experience (required)
- Substitution Allowance (Additional 3+ years’ experience can be substituted for above degree requirements).
- Informatica Certified Professional
- Top Secret clearance is desired, but not required
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
- Limited travel to company office locations and travel outside of the Washington, DC, area is not anticipated; but may be necessary over the life of the contract.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
DoD 8570.01.M: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/857001m.pdf