Senior Director, Clinical Informatics
Join our Clinical Informatics Team
Our team serves numerous healthcare professionals, including nurses, physicians, and pharmacists, across a diverse range of healthcare sectors. We aim to integrate evidence-based content into the care process and help improve patient outcomes. Our products and services are designed to help caregivers, professionals, and students improve practice, encourage broad and deep adoption of clinical guidelines, and promote a culture of quality.
To learn more, visit https://www.elsevier.com/clinical-solutions.
About the role:
As Senior Director, Clinical Informatics, you will be part of a diverse and highly skilled Informatics and Clinical Analytics team, helping to lead our business transformation from referential content to actionable clinical decision solutions and analytics.
As an informatics leader, you will be responsible for defining our future informatics and clinical data strategies and leading successful execution within a matrixed organization.
In this integral role, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering informatics leadership to health informatics teams and other product teams within clinical solutions, including clinical decision support and point-of-care reference.
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary product teams to guide the development of healthcare technology solutions consistent with clinical informatics principles and trends.
- Leading Clinical Knowledge Management strategy and execution, including standard vocabularies and mappings of terminologies, ontologies, and decision support artifacts.
- Using your informatics experience to guide the sourcing of CDS, guidelines and pathway evidence, and follow knowledge management best practices.
- Applying domain expertise to improve quality and efficiency of search, content enrichment, and use of our clinical suite of products.
- Providing thought leadership in a broad range of informatics initiatives, informing artificial intelligence, NLP, analytics, and clinical research, collaborating closely with the Data Science and Clinical Research teams.
- Assisting in implementing standards-based clinical analytics.
- Engaging with clinicians and allied health professionals to provide real-time customer and user feedback to inform the product development lifecycle with a specific focus on understanding and translating clinical workflows into technology solutions.
- Serving as a leader in maintaining awareness of existing and emerging clinical informatics technologies such as interoperability standards and current and anticipated health IT regulations and market trends.
Work in a way that works for you
- A proven informatics leader who demonstrates a vision that supports the development of next-generation clinical decision support and point-of-care reference solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in informatics and healthcare information technology required. Advanced training in informatics, analytics, health and/or computer science preferred.
- Extensive experience with electronic health records, decision support, quality measurement, and analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with established and emerging standards including medical terminologies and taxonomies such as SNOMED-CT, ICD-10, LOINC, RxNORM, UMLS, CPT, NDC, CVX, NIC/NOC/NANDA, HL-7 FHIR, CDS Hooks, etc.
- Expertise in and/or familiarity with the following areas: decision support, clinical pathways, order sets, care plans, reference solutions, learning management systems, drug information solutions.
- Familiar with authoring clinical content/machine interpretable clinical logic for clinical decision support and quality measures.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics, structured clinical data, and information retrieval from unstructured clinical data.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp the tactical details, problem solve, and innovate.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for improving the quality and cost-efficiency of patient care across the U.S. and globally.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and diverse team environment while being personally accountable for individual and team results.
- Forward-thinking and creative spirit; knowledgeable of future trends with a desire to remain educated on industry direction and emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify, understand, and quantify existing and new addressable market opportunities.
- Proficient in driving research to identify specific new products and features for competitive differentiation.
- Passionate about business results and quality, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics, and ownership.
- Leadership style that drives loyalty, accountability, professional development, inspiration, and success in team members.
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find a inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.