What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Product Designer, Walmart +
About the Team
Our team builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create richly compelling digital experiences for customers and members, whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go.
As a Senior Designer on the Walmart + team you'll be designing world class experiences for our members. You will create concepts, end to end experiences, build rapid prototypes to leverage the collective creativity, experience, and intelligence of partners in business, product management, engineering and analytics to create market-leading solutions.
You'll set the vision for the best customer experience and create a space for cross-functional colleagues to collaborate. You'll employ your great strengths in storytelling to present your vision and product design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to cross-functional partners and the leadership team. While working with partners to determine a shared plan forward that balances business and technology considerations, you will create and champion an experience that is highly usable before delivering pixel-perfect designs.
As the biggest player in the game, at Walmart we trust our teams to innovate the future of membership. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, being a Senior Designer at Walmart + could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
You'll make an impact by:
- A strong design aesthetic that brings together brand expressions and systems thinking. You practice universal design and believe in inclusion.
- A demonstrable track record working cross-functionally with shipping successful products in a fast-paced environment. You thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- A strategic mindset and a system thinking approach to taking the complex and make it simple.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to motive teams and partners.
- Find joy in leading by doing. You inspire, coach, and contribute to our team culture.
- A self-starter mindset who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
- Designing at the highest level of craft for a broad population of our members.
- Leading a program of work and collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners through delivery.
- Creating the experience strategy and setting the design direction for the program that delivers on the user needs and business goals.
- Actively soliciting feedback from peers and cross-functional stakeholders though the product design lifecycle.
- Engaging the design research team at the right points during the design process to ensure the right insights inform the work
- Rapid prototyping and experimenting in a fast-paced environment.
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities.
- Creating scalable experiences in partnership with our Design System team.
- Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar and at least 4+ years of experience in product design.
- Have a fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $98,000.00-$168,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentivesMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 3 years' experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area. Option 2: 5 years' experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Design certification (for example, IDEOU - Foundations in Design Thinking Certificate), Driving product development in a user experience area, Master's degree in UI/UX Design, Interactive and Visual Design, Product Design, or related area, Related industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), UI/UX, Interactive and Visual Design, Electronics Art, Multimedia Design, or related areaPrimary Location...
5600 AVENIDA ENCINAS, CARLSBAD, CA 92008, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+