LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more
The data scientist will play a leading role in Machine Learning team and work directly on analytics products, which will be deployed in ThreatMetrics global digital identity network. The focus of deliverables will be on building high performing fraud detection models that will be used by thousands of our customers in risk management for various industries on payment, account login, and new account creation. We are the leader in digital identity field, and the new hire will be able to work on innovative digital identity products and continually bring global digital identity intelligence into customer facing machine learning products.
Our data scientists work on end-to-end modeling projects, involving handling extremely large volume transaction data, focusing on exploratory data analysis, feature construction and feature engineering, model building and performance evaluation, and also be responsible for model deployment and post-deployment performance analysis. There are many opportunities in conducting proof-of-concept researches and studies to explore advanced modeling techniques and bring the most innovative products and best values to our customers.
ThreatMetrix is seeking an outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary senior machine learning data scientist that has a passion for modeling and data analysis.
- Bring a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to create advanced recipes that extract intelligence from billions of rows of data to improve our digital identity solutions and fraud detection capabilities.
- Build efficient data pipeline and translate unstructured, complex business problems into well-defined feature space, implement elegant and efficient learning algorithms to work at scale.
Expected Personal Skills
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, etc.
- 3+ years of quantitative analytics and data science experience with large data-sets, from prototyping to modeling and to implementation with business impact.
Required Technical Skills
- Clear and effective English communicator of technical issues
- Team player who works effectively with self-managed cross-functional teams
- Organized, methodical, and detail oriented
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
- Committed to the success of the team and the company
- Hands-on and effective analysis on large amount of historical data leading to the better understanding of the data implications.
- Knowledgeable about statistical modeling, machine learning techniques and working experience from prototyping to production.
- Deeper understanding of feature engineering and variable selection. Practical knowledge of regression models, decision trees, anomaly detection, and deep learning.
- Fluent with Python programming (Utilizing Python for data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization, feature engineering, model creation and model evaluation etc.), and advanced skills in SQL (to extract, integrate, reconcile and analyze data from multiple data sources). Experienced with best practices in software design and testing.
- Strong experience with latest big data computation and analytics platforms (Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, etc.).
- Experience in computer security, risk management and fraud detection.
The advertised position is a full-time position located in our office in San Jose.About ThreatMetrix
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company™, and now part of LexisNexis Risk Solutions, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital identities and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 60 billion annual transactions supporting over 6,000 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix® Digital Identity Network, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain, and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government, healthcare and insurance.About the Team
The ThreatMetrix engineering team is an international team that includes experts in digital identity, device intelligence, fraud detection, real time systems, Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, machine learning, and data analytics. We are an Agile engineering team using concepts such as Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Improvement. We leverage many powerful open source packages including Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Aerospike and many more to build our solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.