We're C.H. Robinson, one of the world's largest logistics platforms and we're looking for our next Senior Customs Entry Writer. Is that you? You'll be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance through U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Partner Government Agencies (PGA). You'll serve as a knowledgeable customer advocate, committed to providing excellent levels of customer service through subject matter expertise and strong sense of accountability and urgency.
Our dynamic and comprehensive training program will set you up for success. You will participate in a mix of group activities, self-guided learning, plus coaching and mentoring to help you become an expert in our systems and processes and provide on-going regulatory training. Many of our successful Customs Entry Writers go on to expand their careers with us in Global Compliance, Sales or Account Management, which makes this role a terrific introduction to C.H. Robinson and a way to start, refresh, or enhance your career.
If this all sounds good, let's talk more about what you'll be working on.
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Demonstrate mastery and mentor other team members on customs brokerage products' standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of entries, professional, precise communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires
- Analyze and validate import documentation and data to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations prior to entry submission to U.S Customs and Partner Government Agencies
- Procuring and coordinating cargo dispatch with preferred carriers, obtaining delivery confirmation and finalizing rates and any assessorial charges
- Identify and resolve issues that could potentially result in delayed cargo release or final delivery
- Make recommendations to improve or implement technology solutions to recognize efficiencies and improve net revenue
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills and ability to prioritize tasks between daily responsibilities
- Serve as the primary CH Robinson customs representative for the customer account base, ensuring prompt response to customer inquiries and follow through on issues until resolution to customer satisfaction
- Begin to develop the skill to serve as a customs trusted advisor, transitioning from the day-to-day data entry fundamentals to true customs brokerage account management of CHR clients
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate cross-functionally, building relationships with account management identifying client by identifying and proposing process improvement and/or consultative leads
- Collaborate with support staff and modal departments to ensure import data integrity and compliance with customer SOP
- Manage collaborative communication between Partner Government Agencies and clients
- Lead by example when it comes to customer outreach, retention, and expansion
- Demonstrate proactive, professional, clarity, and reliability to our peers and our customers through verbal and written language
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Gain awareness into customer specific standard operating procedures (SOP) and honor those commitments
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to on time performance, accuracy, and customer service
- Direct ownership of Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases for customer account base to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements
- Manage customer invoicing, process vendor payables and assist with receivables of assigned accounts
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to timeliness and audit KPI's
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 3 - 5 years of entry-writing experience
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
Knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule and the supply chain
Associate Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Highly motivated, self-driven, and true ownership of client base
Exceptional time management and organizational skills, prioritizing multiple tasks, proven through demonstrated track record
Exemplary communication and customer service skills
Effectively communicate across functional lines, and at times lead and direct the conversation
Flexibility and versatility in logical, methodical and expedient approach to problem resolution
Evident attention to detail and ability to analyze data
Refined written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated track record of taking over accounts and improving quality, process, and relationships
Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
It's important to note that per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law, we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
This job has expired.