BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position is a senior-level position that will work with one or more Business Units, supporting multiple complex assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet company cost, quality, and strategic targets. The role will predominately focus on gathering and analyzing work group data, defining current processes and requirements, researching best practices, and identifying and documenting process improvements and functional specifications.
• 5+ years of IT business analyst experience
• BS/BA degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience required; ISEB-qualified Business Analyst required
• Broad understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
• Experience using a recognized development methodology; e.g., Agile, SCRUM, and KANBAN.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Strong facilitation skills; ability to facilitate requirement workshops.
• Strong communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization.
• Written communication skills including process documentation.
• IT research, software analysis, and design skills.
• Excellent Business requirements gathering capabilities.
• Understanding of the role of BA in the full software development life cycle.
• Experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications on complex or large projects.
• Previous experience of working in an agile environment and using recognized development methodology; e.g., Agile, SCRUM, and KANBAN.
• Analyze, define, and document complex requirements and business processes.
• Develop complex systems specifications, process flow, and conversion strategies.
• Create complex technical and functional user documentation.
• Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and solutions to meet desired product needs.
• Follow established business processes, protocols, and quality standards in the development and deployment of complex solutions.
• Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to project managers as necessary.
• Develop "trusted advisor" relationship with senior stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on projects.
• Gather business requirements and translate them into user stories/functional specifications.
• Identify and document process improvements and functional specifications based on research of best practices and analysis of work group data.
• Perform analysis on existing systems; identifying options for potential solutions and assess for both technical and business suitability.
• Work between remote development teams, internal IT, and business to ensure requirements are being met.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
New York, New York
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posted 37 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!