Objective of Position:
The Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all operations of a branch. This position is responsible for hiring staff, building rapport with customers and the community, creating and implementing strategies to improve productivity and sales performance in efforts to achieve the financial targets of the branch. The Branch Manager playsa key role in developing branch action plans to ensure continued branch growth.
Byline Bank staff members are expected to periodically travel to another branch location to help with staffing coverage. Demonstrated scheduling flexibility is required, along with an openness to new ideas and the ability to identify process improvements. Business dress as outlined in the Byline Bank dress code is mandatory.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilizes leadership and management sales skills to promote sales culture and accountability by setting a high standard of sales and service.
- Responsible for the professional development needs of self and direct reports, including setting performance standards, monitoring results, providing training, coaching, general feedback. Complies with all human resources and management policies and procedures including scheduled reviews, disciplinary actions, hiring and termination.
- Remains focused on the entire business enterprise and the success of the company.
- Fosters respect among branch team members.
- Conducts regular monthly Branch meetings to inform and maintain staff engagement.
- Empowers staff members - promotes training and autonomy to perform tasks.
Sales & Service
- Meets or exceeds branch goals for deposit volume, new accounts and referrals as assigned by Retail Bank Management. Assigns overall branch goals to branch team members each month.
- Cultivates business relationships with new customers; deepens relationships with existing customers by recommending additional products and services.
- Handles complex customer transactions or customer service issues with professionalism, sound judgment and decision making.
- Actively participates in various community-based activities within the market served by the branch to enhance business objectives for branch activities.
- Utilize Market View reports and other tools to target sales efforts to specific customer groups through direct mail, phone calls and other marketing campaigns.
- Works directly with the Retail Region Manager in planning and tracking branch sales calls. Follows procedures of 2x2x2 CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program. 2x2x2 consists of customer care calls to the account every two days, every two weeks, every two months.
- Meets sales objectives by conducting regular (at least monthly) sales meetings among all branch team members and monitors demographic sales results (reporting).
- Keeps current with product knowledge - benefits of products and the mechanics of how they operate through new product releases, BYB intranet product updates and product brochure updates.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality of all branch customer info/data and business relationships.
- Ensures staff delivers customer service according to BYB standards and guidelines including actively responding to each call and customer that comes into the branch. Sets the example with every customer interaction to reinforce the need for outstanding customer service delivery.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with customers and Bank employees. Supports and stands with and behind team members.
- Responsible for compliance with Banking Center standards set forth by senior management including maintaining a well-organized and prepared work environment.
- Schedules staff members to ensure adequate branch staffing.
- Practices dual control daily for branch opening/closing and ATM/Vault balancing.
- Ensures that the monthly "Branch Certification" is completed on time and sent to audit.
- Responds in a timely manner to any open audit issues and ensures controls are or will be in place.
- Monitors all Teller and ATM differences.
- Monitors fraud issues proactively through daily review of all overdrafts and uncollected situations.
- Ensures that all security precautions are functional (dye pack activation, alarm panels) and maintains log of any changes.
- Ensures that proper cash limits are adhered to.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Qualifications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Associates Degree or equivalent in Business or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of banking experience at the level of Personal Banker and Assistant Branch Manager, or in a “back office” function at a similar level. Previous branch management experience preferred.
- 3+ years of prior supervisory experience.
- Strong ability to lead and make decisions, detail orientation ability to handle various responsibilities simultaneously.
- Proven success in business development/sales, prior bank supervisory experience, expertise in daily branch operations (including personal banking and teller departments) and exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $70,000.00 to $100,800.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
This job has expired.