ADP is a rapidly growing international company that provides global payroll services through offices located worldwide. ADP is seeking professionals that can contribute and thrive in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing global business.
The Sr. QA Analyst designs and develops test plan and automation test flow for ADP Celergo's flagship Payroll processing product. This role will join the Quality Assurance team (with a potential to lead the team in future) and help in developing test plans and test scripts. Develop a set of regression tests for an existing product that has a large and diverse customer base. Quickly learn the product and help create repeatable test suite leveraging automation where applicable. The Sr. QA Analyst is involved with planning and prioritization of test design and development activities to resolve a wide range of issues. The Sr. QA Analyst is a key contributor to multiple successful projects/releases, and through their expertise and experience is able to inspire, mentor and develop junior team members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop test scripts based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows, acceptance criteria, and other documentation
- Tests transactions from system entry to exit manually and using automation.
- Depending on specific requirements, writes effective manual and automated test cases or automated scripts/ framework; performs software defect tracking, System, Functional, Regression testing for identified software release
- Test functionality delivered across applications and workflows
- Analyze Business Requirements to understand the needs of the business and to determine how their applications can best functionally fulfill those needs
- Combine knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are build and used to create a functional design for a given application
- Attends and actively participates in story refinement/business requirements gathering sessions
- Review, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, and Test Cases to understand the functional and technical requirements in order to test the application and verify requirements are successfully met Lead cross-functional discussions to review the impact of application changes from internal interfaces on the quality of their applications
- Create/update Acceptance Criteria as needed
- Cross-functional discussions to review the impact of application changes from internal interfaces on the quality of their applications
- Participate in User Story sizing and test effort estimation
- Prepare and execute test scripts. Document bugs for test scripts where the actual results do not successfully meet expected results
- Support the project team as needed to ensure team goals are met
- Work with appropriate resources to determine the acceptable range for test results
- Partner with the automation team in the (manual) creation, automated execution, and failure analysis
- Performs impact assessment of functional changes on the automated regression suite
- Assist Application Developers and Technical Support staff in identifying and resolving problems
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, or comparable work related experience
- 5+ years of experience working in an agile development environment as a QA/automation engineer/SDET
- Strong Java/Python programming skills
- Experience with application testing utilizing Junit, TestNG, Apache JMeter
- Proficiency with test automation tools and framework patterns, such as Selenium Webdriver, Page Object Pattern
- Can design and implement automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in code repository and build management using Git, CircleCI and/or Jenkins
- Strong understanding of agile software development practices, ability to lead and guide other engineers on the team
- Strong experience in manual testing
- Experience using Jira to manage test automation feature development and bug tracking
- Able to write complex SQL scripts to verify data from MySQL and SQL Server databases
- Experience using Postman to test API manually and automate API testing using Apache HTTP or RestAssured libraries
- Experience working with offshore teams to discuss technical issues
- Experience working with Amazon AWS instances - preferable
The company is located in Elk Grove, IL, and is easily accessible to public transportation and multiple communities. Please include cover letter with salary expectations. Only those submitting salary requirements will be considered.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.
This job has expired.