Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Do you want to have fun at work?
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in analytics as Senior Analyst in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Senior Analyst-DSAA position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into the future leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. During the first year, new HSAG analysts are provided formal internal training in statistics, machine learning, clinical epidemiology, SAS, Tableau, healthcare data, and an assortment of healthcare-related topics. The Senior Analyst position will assist in supervising junior-level analytic staff in the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 14 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. Description
The Senior Analyst
position in the Data Science & Advanced Analytics (DSAA) division is a key leader in cutting-edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, the Senior Analyst position develops, implements, and leads innovative analytic plans that are intended to provide healthcare decision and policy makers with the necessary information to transform healthcare. HSAG analysts in the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division assist in designing a wide array of analytic studies and participate in all phases of the research design process under the direction of the Senior Analyst and other senior staff members. Senior Analysts will work with data to facilitate data exploration and fulfill client deliverables, including (but not limited to) the following data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with candidates during the interview process. Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an analytic leader within the HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Lead multiple medium-sized analytic tasks or projects simultaneously, while providing analytic support and leadership on other projects.
- Understand primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Evaluate a wide array of data types.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding analytic plans.
Education and/or Experience
- Lead and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Oversee all data-related project activities.
- Attend, participate, and lead team training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, related social science, business, economics, math, statistics, or another quantitative discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years of work experience.
- At least five (5) years of healthcare experience.
- At least five (5) years of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience.
- At least one (1) year of experience supervising analytic staff.
- Expert in the use of SAS software for statistical programming. SAS certification preferred.
- Proficient in the use of SQL.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience developing and leading formal written deliverables for multiple clients, including serving as the lead writer/major contributor on multiple formal deliverables.
- Experience serving as the primary writer on a proposal and as a major contributor to the overall proposal effort.
- Experience mentoring multiple junior-level staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team of at least two people, including responsibility for monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. HSAG All User Information Security Responsibilities
All workforce members, volunteers, contractors or third-party agents of HSAG, Inc. who are authorized to access information systems and/or associated company data on paper or in electronic format are responsible for the following:
- Adhering to policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to the protection of HSAG Company Data.
- Reporting actual or suspected breaches or vulnerabilities in the confidentiality, integrity or availability of HSAG Data to your immediate supervisor/manager, Corporate Compliance or Information Technology/Security Personnel.
- Reporting actual or suspected breaches or vulnerabilities in confidentiality, integrity or availability of Corporate Data, may be reported anonymously, via the NAVEX Global Compliance hotline at [Phone number shown when applying].
HSAG publishes various policies, guidelines and procedures related to the protection of Corporate Data and Information Systems. They can be found on the corporate SharePoint website. Information on requirements that may be unique to your business unit or a system you have access to can be found by talking to your supervisor/manager or designated system administrator. Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.