SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Cumberland, RI where jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce.
Tiffany offers our employees the resources they need to be successful in an environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, innovation and dedication. We take great pride in helping each of our employees design an exciting future within our enduring tradition of excellence. At Tiffany & Co. an inspired career is life's best accessory.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all accounting functions across US Jewelry Manufacturing facilities. He/She is accountable for performing month end, quarter end and year end closured and for driving the accounting and reporting processes as well as ensuring proper inventory valuation and reconciliation of the accounts. He/She will be responsible for SOX, Audit, and support to local government compliance.
- Perform daily and periodic accounting entries to ensure completeness and correctness of monthly accounting records across all internal manufacturing facilities
- Compile, research and analyze daily B/S accounts movements to highlight any anomalies are transactions that need to be corrected prior to month end closing,
- Ensure proper allocation of SVP into the proper cost centers and maintain JDE to allow correct inventory cost absorption
- Maintain and Reconcile deferred inventory waterfall schedules and ensure timely and complete accounting for amortizations
- Review expense accounts validating data to gain understanding of drivers of production charges - work to gain insight in drivers for monthly changes in income statements and balance sheet positions.
- Conduct quarterly review of obsolete and slow-moving inventory to identify potential reserve requirements.
- Analyze RNC accounts, inventory subledger and non-subledger accounts - validate existence of balance - perform aging of balances to identify risk for misstatement - propose corrective entries as required.
- Reconcile general ledger balances to subledger monthly in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and remediate any reconciling differences a part as any accounting period closing.
- Comply with corporate and internal deadlines
- Support Manager, US Jewelry Manufacturing Finance to delivering monthly reporting package - including Stat PL model, balance sheet review, inventory GL to SL reconciliation for all facilities - maintain consistency and timing on delivering this package
- Provide monthly commentary against plan and prior year periods based on these insights gained for income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist corporate office with external audits where required - perform sox compliance checks as per set timelines
- Actively document understanding of how automated JDE transactions flow through the accounts / build reconciliation process around this accordingly / share any concerns & discrepancies with Inventory Cost Control Work Group
- Business Partner with individual facilities on proper accounting treatment for processes.
- Standardize and continuously evolve operations processes across facilities
- Collaborates with management to gain necessary understanding to ensure accounting records always reflect fair view - remediate when necessary by providing solutions and spearhead the implementation of solutions identified.
- Act as sounding board to management and team on proper accounting treatments on various processes
- Partner with facilities on providing accounting guidance and ensure compliance is implemented across all sites.
- Collaborate with local management to gain necessary understanding to ensure accounting records always reflect fair view - remediate when necessary by providing solutions and spearhead the implementation of solutions identified.
- Maintain and leverage relationship with corporate accounting group to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of internal manufacturing accounting records and to include entries that are posted by the corporate accounting team
- Manage the MIPS break up process.
- Support special projects and analysis as required by Manager, US Jewelry Manufacturing Finance.
- Support and think actively propose initiatives for process optimization, simplification and automation aiming to gain efficiencies where possible.
- Perform Periodic Sox testing and review cycle across all facilities
- Provide support to periodic and annual inventory counts when needed
- Continuously evolve and innovate processes
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
5+ years Cost Accounting or related financial experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbally and written
Must be available for up to 20% domestic travel to other manufacturing locations
Must be willing to work flexible hours during monthly and year-end closings, as well as for special assignments when business needs require
Knowledge of JD Edwards system and other support software/applications
CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
CPA (Certified Public Accountant