Home to the 2020 NASCAR Championship Weekend,Phoenix Racewayhas been the premier motorsports venue in the Southwest since 1964 and hosts two NASCAR race weekends each year. In March, the FanShield 500 Speed Fest Weekend kicks off the race season at Phoenix Raceway, featuring the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and the new addition of the ARCA Menards Series. For the first time in the history of the sport, Phoenix Raceway will host the NASCAR Championship Weekend in 2020. Over the three day event in November, champions will be crowned in the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series and the ARCA Menards Series West. Phoenix Raceway also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including corporate meetings and conferences, charity events, holiday events, sport and endurance competitions, driving schools and Segway tours.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Provide superior care and service to internal and external customers.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Provide visible security presence to guests and employees
- Screen all persons entering ticketed and/or secure areas for valid credentials/tickets
- Help keep PIR guests and property safe and secure
- Assist guests with questions regarding directions, information about the facility, parking and disabled assistance
• Report emergencies to track Unified Command Center
• Responds to requests for help
• Enforce speedway policies and procedures
• Various additional tasks as assignedPerformance Measures
- Courtesy and diplomacy with internal and external customers;
- Attendance and punctuality;
- Attention to detail.
- Highly and self-motivated with a desire to be successful
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to speak and read English
- Neat and clean appearance
- Positive attitude and great work ethic
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and nights
- The ability to work long hours on your feet in an outdoor setting
- Must be able to work with the public and be able to solve problems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, functions and tasks.Special Position Requirements
Position may include holiday and weekend work.Additional Information
All Shifts Needed
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.