Job ID: 283319
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position is responsible for Accounts Payable. We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to assist in our accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- High volume data entry (speed and accuracy important)
- 3-way match - match invoices for processing ensuring proper documentation and approval.
- Code invoice to appropriate expense account while using correct terms to allow for discounts
- Answer all vendors and customers inquiries and issue resolution for problems
- Maintain all accounts payable files - paper and electronic as well as obtaining needed W9 data
- Ensure compliance with all standard accounting policies and procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing with all levels within the company and vendors
- Miscellaneous office duties and equipment (scanner/printer/copier/ 10-key)
- Sort and distribute mail for the accounting department
- Other duties and responsibilities relate to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate's Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills and proficient with MS office
- High degree of comfort with technology and multiple applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Previous accounting experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting math and accurate in data entry and data research with 10-key operation experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as new vendor forms, purchase orders, receiving documents, vendor statements and invoices
- Strong ability and skill to follow-up, attention to detail and organization
About CRH Americas
- Lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
St Louis Job Segment:
Clerical, Temporary, Data Entry, Administrative, Contract
This job has expired.