Scientist, Cell Therapy Team
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Make a big impact. Be part of the team that will eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
As a team we are deeply committed to transforming the lives of patients living with cancer - with the ultimate aim of eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and independent Scientist with research experience in Cellular Therapy, Immunology, and/ or Immuno-Oncology to join our rapidly growing Cell Therapy Team. In this role you will contribute to the advancement of innovative Cell Therapy products by designing and conducting laboratory experiments, developing methodology, and generating and interpreting scientific data in a highly collaborative environment experience. Expertise in in vivo studies and T cell biology is critical for this role. A successful candidate must be well-organized and must keep an excellent written record of their work.
- Conducts hands-on in vivo research
- Contributes to the plans and designs of in vivo studies
- Conducts routine in vitro experiments
- Communicates the results to team members and is involved in the interpretation of data
- Supports a team and works collaboratively with project managers to ensure the efficient relay of information and forward translation of data
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible
- BS in a relevant scientific field with 3+ years of research experience OR
- Master's Degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology or related field
- In vivo skillset including animal handling, mouse tumor models, standard routes of dosing and engraftment
- Proficiency in cell culture of established cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine measurement
- Experience in execution and analyses of flow cytometry experiments
- Ability to lead a small in vivo science project
- Problem-solving skills related to in vivo research and data analysis
- Transfection/transduction and expansion of primary cells
- Basic experience developing cellular therapies including CAR-T/CAR-NK, TCR-T therapies, and/or TIL therapies.
- CRISPR/genome editing experience
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Site Location: This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This green, sustainable, modern, vibrant scientific campus is where we host some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces. Newly designed, state of the art research spaces and open seating floor plans are just a couple of ways we work cross functionally and collaboratively. The Gaithersburg campus also provides an award winning café, free garage parking with electric car charging stations, bike racks, free fitness center to include classed and personal training game rooms, outdoor patio, bocce ball court, arcade games and game tables, recharge Pod's, library, walking trails, onsite dry cleaning pickup, haircutting service, health and wellness center, Starbucks café, and much more!So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
Don't hesitate in submitting an application today, or contact our Talent Acquisition Partner - Suzanne Bellomo, to arrange a confidential discussion to explore this opportunity further.
Where can I find out more?
- Oncology R&D: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-therapy-areas/oncology.html
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazeneca/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
As part of the application process for some roles at AstraZeneca, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics, to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an email invitation with additional information following application. Once completed AZ will automatically receive your results - pymetrics will not be used solely in our decision-making process but will help us gather additional insight.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.