Single Source Technologies, representing Makino as well as other high end machine tool products, is a single-source provider of machine tools, engineering services, tooling, supplies, application support and customer service throughout North America.
Responsible for the development of profitable sale of company products, machines and consumables within assigned territory through contacts, inquiries, services, advertising and correspondence, and involving continuous development of prospects or potential users of company line of machine tool products and accessories. This will involve continuous development of prospects or potential users of company line of machine tool products, consumables and accessories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize work and plan activities for most effective coverage of assigned territory. Schedule calls on actual or prospective customers for such frequency as is appropriate and consistent with minimum travel time and importance of contact. Check with district office for customer calls, inquiries or leads. Prepare itinerary and file copy with office. Contact customers and prospects to discuss requirements, specifications problems or complaints.
- Arrange for quotations or proposals to be completed promptly, including new estimated of prices on special products. Furnish all necessary specification of customer requirements including prints, sketches or descriptive detail as required to properly process quotation or order. Arrange for demonstration of product as an aid to selling, when practical.
- Take effective action on customer complaints; make minor repairs or arrange for service calls. Instruct customer in the general use and maintenance of new equipment to minimize product liability exposure. Maintain daily records of activities, such as call reports and customer record forms. Submit regular and special reports as required in connection with calls, sales, complaints of customers, expense and other phases of sales activities. Write orders and follow up to insure delivery. Expedite past-due shipments and keep customer informed of major delays, changes or situations affecting delivery.
- Constantly review sales efforts and results in relation to forecasts or potential of territory. Make surveys to determine customer acceptance or sales potential for new products or applications. Assist servicemen and office personnel in resolving problems and clarifying details connected with field sales activities. Perform various other duties as directed or required.
- Establish unified approach for EDM machine sales with territory Machine Sales Engineer including regular communication, development & execution of penetration strategies and sales follow up.
- Promote the strategy of Makino/SST Consumables and Sales by developing strong relationships with customers as the "first line" of Sales Engineers for Makino/SST. The goal is to bridge the relationship between customer and Makino machine sales. Initiate sales calls/rapport with Makino Sales Engineers to develop Consumable and Machine Sales relationships with SST/Makino strategy in mind
- Organize work and plan activities for most effective coverage of assigned territory. Schedule calls on actual or prospective customers for such frequency as is appropriate.
- Identify Makino/SST machine lead opportunities by understanding actual or prospective customer needs and operations
- Provide detailed description of sales opportunities in Sales Logix on regular basis
- Contact customers and prospects to discuss requirements, specifications problems or complaints.
- Arrange for quotations or proposals to be completed promptly. Prepare and generate quotations with assistance from Consumable Support Associates as necessary.
- Coordinate the most effective and efficient processing of customer's orders with the support of the Consumables Operations group.
- Work closely with Consumable Operations Group while taking effective action on customer complaints. Coordinate with the Consumables Operations Group past-due shipments and keep customer informed of delays, changes or situations affecting delivery.
- Constantly review consumable sales efforts and results in relation to forecasts or potential of territory. Provide input into the consumable forecast process to support procurement of required materials to the Consumables Operations Group.
- Interact professionally with customers and employees at all levels of organizations
Education and Experience
- Strong aptitude to discuss technical aspects of machines and consumable products in a professional and persuasive manner with customer
- Ability to "close" the sale is required
- Adeptness at developing new customers
- Ability to drive the Makino/SST machine and consumable strategy
- Ability to partner with Sales and Consumable Operations groups and to work in tandem to promote a team environment
- Ability to develop solutions if problems arise and resolve in professional manner working with Operations Team Leaders and Office Sales Managers to do so
- Proficient computer skills - knowledge of MS Office, Saleslogix and SAP preferred
- Prefer Bachelor's degree and/or related Consumable and Sales experience
- Previous machine tool or consumables work experience preferred
- Prior experience with development of sales territory preferred
- Ability to develop new sales strategies and territories a must
Requires delivery of consumables products - must be able to lift up to 50 pounds as necessary and able to lift 70 pounds on an infrequent basis
Regularly make cold calls in person to customers - requires ability to drive and fly as needed for meetings, trade shows and customer visits.Work Environment
Primarily making sales calls and deliveries in person, on the road or interacting in a manufacturing or warehouse environment. Some office work may be warranted.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable, and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry.
Makino offers competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training. Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employer
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!
This job has expired.