Job ID: 449461
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The coordinator is responsible for all aspects of ensuring quality in Growing Media and Mulch products at the plant-level, including, but not limited to: formulation oversight and testing; incoming raw material inspection, testing, and approval; ensuring that all established specifications and processes are followed. The coordinator is also responsible for the plant's EH&S program to include OSHA, Oldcastle, and EPA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Oversight and testing of product formulations
- Inspection, testing, and approval of incoming raw materials
- Follow all established specifications and processes
- Investigate and resolve customer quality complaints
- Administer and maintain EH&S program
- Routinely inspect/observe plant equipment and activities for safe processes
- Prepare and submit all required reports to Oldcastle or applicable agency
- Keep the plant in compliance with EH&S regulations
- Provide/produce and prepare samples for sales as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
- High school degree required; Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Adequate computer skills
- Experience with lab and testing procedures preferred
- Some experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Some mechanical aptitude or experience with production processing equipment preferred
- Some experience working with EH&S programs/agencies
- Interest in Horticulture or Gardening is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to problem-solve, with a strong sense of goal attainment
- Good housekeeping skills required
- Ability to influence thinking, deal with and overcome resistance and objections, and to motivate change
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65lbs may arise from time to time - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Fort Wayne Job Segment:
This job has expired.