SHIFT: No Weekends
Infection Prevention Coordinator
Full Time Days Monday-Friday
- Conduct surveillance and epidemiological investigations.
- Identify infectious disease processes and investigate, communicate and report as appropriate.
- Assist with the education of staff and patients/families on the prevention and control of transmission of infections.
- Collaborate with employee health to prevent the transmission of infections and to manage exposures.
- Collaborate with the implementation of infection prevention and control strategies.
- Collaborate with the compliance of regulatory requirements including State, The Joint Commission and CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Communicate information on the infection prevention and control program, submit required data to NHSN and ensure compliance with state and local reporting of communicable diseases.
Medical City Arlington is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Medical City Arlington we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bachelors Degree Required
Certification by National Board of Infection Control preferred or within two years of employment
If applying as RN, Texas State Board of Nursing licensure required
One-year experience in Infection Prevention & Control; or Surveillance/Epidemiology; or Performance Improvement to decrease hospital associated infections preferred
One-two years experience in direct patient care
Requires knowledge of the transmission and prevention of infection and epidemiology.
Knowledge of performance improvement strategies.
Ability to collect, analyze, and report data and to utilize information technology for data reporting and analysis.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
This job has expired.