The Respiratory Care Practitioner will serve as a valued member of the clinical team to assess, manage, treat and perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients requiring respiratory therapy services. These procedures are approved and overseen by the Medical Director appointed by Shirley Ryan AbilityLab service agreement.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Respiratory Therapist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner:
- Conducts patient assessments and interprets clinical data necessary for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Implements and evaluates the plan of care related to respiratory procedures including but not limited to aerosol, secretion mobilization, and hyperinflation therapies.
- Provides care for patients requiring ventilator assistance, complex respiratory devices and procedures.
- Performs comprehensive ventilator management and monitors the cardiopulmonary status of patients receiving intensive respiratory care.
- Maintains emergency airway equipment for patients with artificial airways.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as designated by department policy and/or by physician order.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals and participates in daily patient rounds for assigned area to promote consistent quality and delivery of patient care.
- Completes all documentation for patient charting in compliance with standards for accuracy and content as established by the department and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Monitors and documents patient responses to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes.
- Assists with the development of clinical research protocols and participates in their implementation.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab including meeting pre-specified work commitment for float pool employees as specified by the RCP team leader.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required Required:
- Reports directly to the Manager, Respiratory Care.
- National Board of Respiratory Care RRT credential or CRT credential with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an acute inpatient setting and completion of RRT within 1 year of being hired. In lieu of RRT credential will accept CRT credential with a minimum of 8 years' experience as a substitute.
- Minimum 2 years of post-school experience as a RCP, one year should reflect experience in critical care.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) - Illinois Department of Professional Regulation License.
- Current Basic Life Support (CLS) - American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS) - American Hearth Association.
- Completion of a nationally accredited degree program in Respiratory Therapy
- Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialist (NPS)- National Board of Respiratory Care
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) or higher
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Exposure to moderately adverse working conditions in performing certain patient care activities.
- Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.