Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Relocation assistance for eligible new colleagues
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com! About the job:
The Respiratory Assistant II
functions in administering and performing respiratory therapy floor care under the direct supervision of a licensed respiratory care practitioner.What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrates clinical skills and knowledge to work in areas of the hospital and practice within their Limited Permit issued by the State of Ohio.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team with coworkers.
- Provides excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Initiates and administers therapeutic procedures and diagnostic test in accordance with departmental policy and procedures
- Records information/patient assessment on the patient's medical record and maintains departmental records.
- Practices proper patient identification procedures.
Education: Enrolled in, and in good standing in a formal respiratory care educational program.
Licensure / Certification: Maintains a current Limited Permit from the Ohio Medical Board. Verification of licensure will be maintained throughout employment.
- Maintain current BLS certification.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.