The Neuroscience Department is seeking a Research Technologist who will perform laboratory tasks and complete complex and routine assays following established protocols and procedures. Under the general supervision of a faculty investigator and other laboratory members, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing experiments and analysis involving mouse models.
Work requires the basic use of scientific methods and procedures and techniques gained through previous training and experience. The position requires a basic understanding of the theory behind experiments and the application of analytical skills to implement assigned projects, and to identify and trouble-shoot situations needing special attention. The successful applicant is one who has the ability to work well with a team of lab scientists as well as independently. The successful candidate will also have strong organizational and problem solving skills. It is expected that this person will make substantial scientific contributions to projects, and be a strong participant in this work.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Following established procedures and protocols and using aseptic techniques to perform laboratory tests and/or experiments which may include basic molecular biology and specialized immunohistochemistry techniques as well as advanced neuroanatomical analysis of neural cell populations and cell types.
- May also involve using in vivo mouse models in experiments as well as electrophysiological and imaging approaches to analyze neural activity.
- Monitoring inventory levels, ordering materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures, counting orders upon receipt.
- Assisting with animal husbandry of the laboratory mouse colony.
- It is expected that general laboratory maintenance will involve no more than 25% of this position, the rest being devoted to experimental activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related field.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in molecular and cell biology.
Classified Title: Research Technologist
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M - F, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Neuro Sci Neuroscience
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Technologist-MD-21205/890523300/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.