The Oncology Department is seeking a Research Technologist who will work under the general supervision of a Faculty Investigator or Laboratory Supervisor in GI Cancer and will be responsible for performing routine analyses and tests on animal or human fluids and/or tissue or cultured cell lines.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Work requires basic use of scientific methods, procedures and techniques gained through previous training and experience.
- Uses basic understanding of theory behind experiments and applies basic analytical skills to implement assigned projects, and to identify and trouble-shoot situations needing special attention.
- Follows established procedures or protocols and utilizes aseptic technique to perform laboratory tests and/or experiments which may include: basic tissue culture, cell separation methods, electrophoretic separations, assays, basic molecular biology, or other specialized histology and biological science techniques.
- May utilize in vivo models in experiments.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures, counts orders upon receipt
- BS/BA, or equivalent, in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or related field required.
- Six months of post-undergraduate experience in a comparable laboratory, or a significant independent research project, not related to normal course requirements preferred.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
Classified Title: Research Technologist
Starting Salary Range: $15 - $20/hr, Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: Cancer Immunology/GI Clinical Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Technologist-MD-21231/889646600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.