Provides assistance in conducting research by collecting data, keeping records, conducting literature searches and technical research, analyzing data, preparing reports, etc. Duties:
Data Collection. Collects various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects.
Record Keeping. Keeps record of information obtained during research. May include a database of information, hard files, etc.
Literature Research. Conducts research of the literature.
Technical Research. Conducts technical research or assists in research. This will mostly involve cell culture and molecular biology experiments relevant to human disease.
Data Analysis. Conducts analyses of research data.
Report Preparation. Prepares reports concerning the progress of the project, etc.
Administrative Assistance. Provides administrative assistance by answering phones, running miscellaneous errands, helping with lab orders for reagents and supplies.
As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science, chemistry, physics, psychology, sociology or other health related fieldEquivalency:
Will accept 48 months of equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree plus 24 months research experienceSkills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and regulations.
- Proficient with computers including data software and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- This position will involve working on one or more grant-funded research projects
- This will involve research in a molecular genetics lab setting – performing mostly cell culture and molecular biology experiments
- Some research experience is preferred, but highly-motivated novices with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field will be considered
- The person filling this position would have to be highly-organized and motivated by wanting to investigate the causes and treatments for human disease
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.Diversity Statement:
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.Organization:
Dept of PediatricsJob Location:
Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences CenterSchedule:
Apr 28, 2022
This job has expired.