University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.74 per hour or higher DOE
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Provide support of AVFS Departmental functions and laboratory activities associated with the department. Provide training for lab personnel and graduate students by supervising and overseeing training of graduate students on the major and minor general instruments within laboratories. Provide regular oversight of proper maintenance and operation of instruments. Provide research support and actively support research experiments in animal nutrition, physiology, muscle biology, immunology, and disease, and assist graduate students. Assists in preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication of experimental results. Regularly review the scientific literature to stay current and to participate in discussions in Lab Meetings and in Journal Clubs. Serve as a team member for hiring committees, awards and staff appreciation committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science, physiology, nutrition, dairy science, veterinary science or closely related scientific degree.
- Following pre-established procedures or protocols.
- Analyzing scientific data.
- Keeping complete and accurate records.
- Working in a team environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Master’s degree in animal science, physiology, nutrition, dairy science, veterinary science or closely related scientific degree, or 3 years equivalent experience in scientific controlled experiments involving beef and dairy cattle, sheep and horses.
- Experience in extensive molecular protocols and analytical methods.
- Must possess: good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated skills related to computers and analytical equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting controlled experiments and management of data to the final report form, either abstract or manuscript.
- Willingness and ability to work with food animal species.
Required Licensures, Certifications or otherPosting Number:
- Lift, carry, and/or otherwise move heavy materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
05/24/2022Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
First consideration date for receipt of applications will be June 15, 2022.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.