The Regot Lab is looking for a Research Specialist to work in the lab and manage the daily operations of the lab. This role will perform a range of assays and experiments specific to the area of research, requiring a good understanding of the work of the lab. May make contributions to various aspects of research efforts. May include some routine troubleshooting, independent decisions and training/guidance of other lab personnel.
More information: http://www.regotlab.com
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Obtaining quotes from Vendors for equipment and consumables
- Overall lab organization
- Equipment maintenance, coordinating repairs and service contracts
- Breeding and genotyping to maintain a mouse Colony
- Managing Cell Line and Plasmid databases
- Preparing solutions and other reagents for general use
- Protocol troubleshooting
- Shipping reagents to collaborators
- Perform a range of assays and experiments specific to area of research
- Make contributions to various aspects of research efforts
- Independent decisions and training/guidance of other lab personnel
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related field
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
- 1 year of academic research experience required
- Mouse work experience preferred
- May include some training/guidance of other lab personnel
Classified Title: Research Specialist
Starting Salary Range: $16.29 - $22.38/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F; 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM MBG Molecular Biology and Genetics
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Specialist-MD-21205/890522600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.