Research Program Coordinator
The Pediatrics Department is seeking a Research Program Coordinator who will work under direct supervision the Principal Investigator (PI) and supports all aspects of the NIH funded 8 center prospective Renal Anhydramnios Fetal Therapy (RAFT) trial. Enrollment in the trial is time sensitive and therefore the coordinator's hours need to be flexible according to new diagnosis and need for urgent consultations and procedures. Therefore, this is an in-person position.
This role will coordinate IRB protocol changes in research, adverse event reporting, and new protocols. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to: patient recruitment/ interviews, data collection, REDCap data entry, organizing collected information; records management, expenditure oversight, and communicating with team members of many different disciplines and at multiple institutions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Oversee patient recruitment, screening for eligibility, and enrollment of eligible subjects for participation in RAFT trial. Explain the protocol in detail to potential patients, referring providers and participating providers.
- Enter data into Secure Redcap database for RAFT patients screened and delivered at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Screening and delivery data must be entered into REDCap within 24 hours of the coordinator being notified of these events.
- Be the lead coordinator for the Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC) of the RAFT trial and facilitate all communication to the RAFT Data Coordinating Center (DCC).
- Organize weekly CCC/DCC calls including creating and circulating agendas prior to all meetings. Keep and circulate minutes.
- Work closely with the DCC to coordinate site management.
- Preparation, maintenance, and revision of IRB applications, while maintaining continual regulatory compliance.
- Preparation, maintenance, and revision of MOP in coordination with the DCC
- Participate in weekly RAFT trial meeting with CCC and DCC.
- Coordinate monthly local PI, Neonatology, Nephrology, Multi-disciplinary and potentially other subspecialty ZOOM meetings between the 8 sites.
- Processing of patient samples and coordination with sending samples to biobank at All Children's Hospital.
- Collaborate with North American Pediatric Renal Trial and Collaborative and centers where surviving infants received long-term dialysis care to ensure capture of all required long-term patient data including PedsQL surveys and transfer of data to DCC.
- Work closely with the lead PI to maintain study expenditure tracking and reporting milestones for financial invoicing.
- Act as a liaison for various studies with sponsors, study monitors, patients and their care providers; assist various monitors during study monitor visits and audits.
- Draft reports on study progress for the NIH.
- Organize and anticipate in Data Safety Monitoring Board meetings to keep and circulate minutes
- Help maintain the RAFT website and clinicaltrials.gov
- Attend biannual conference for the North American Fetal Therapy Network to coordinate meetings between lead and local PIs at dedicated sessions.
- Participate in grant preparation to supplement study funds.
- Act as primary contact for JHH study participants or potential participants, which may include scheduling, confirming appointments, and escorting/directing to various locations on/off campus. When potential participants contact the Johns Hopkins for information, coordinator will respond (after discussion with study Pis) on the same business day, or no more than 24 hours after initial contact.
- Organize scientific manuscript circulation and submission for RAFT associated studies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- Some related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for experience, and additional experience may substitute for education, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Clinical trial experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and organizational skills a must as well as attention to detail. Knowledge of software, including Microsoft Word and Excel is needed.
- Requires outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills with participants, Principal Investigators, and other team members.
- Interest in working with mentally ill/disadvantaged populations needed.
- Must be highly motivated, organized, personable, willing to learn, responsible, reliable, and efficient.
- Must be comfortable working with patient populations.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, for example, using a keyboard.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal ranges.
- Ability to move about.
Classified Title: Research Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Ped Nephrology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Coordinator-MD-21287/854395300/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.