Research Program Coordinator
The Oncology Department is seeking a Research Program Coordinator who will work under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator and will be responsible recruitment and consenting of patients. The Research Program Coordinator is responsible for processing of all patient clinical research specimens as well as conducting participant follow-up in a timely manner.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures initial & ongoing eligibility of all subjects for assigned research studies.
- Screens potential research subjects for participation in research studies or clinical trials (including: Review of medical history, concomitant meds, pathology, other relevant documents).
- Abstracts data from a variety of sources to complete pre-study work-up.
- Demonstrates understanding of the informed consent process.
- With guidance & as appropriate, obtains informed consent from research subjects.
- As appropriate, documents obtaining of informed consent in study records.
- In conjunction with PI, monitors protocol enrollment goals.
- In collaboration with healthcare team, evaluates potential subjects for research participation.
- Oversees the collection of study data in the form of questionnaires (online and paper) and conducts initial quality checks. Assists with management.
- Responsible for independently coordinating blood and tissue banking protocols to ensure proper collection and handling of samples.
- Responsible for collection and handling, and transporting of patient samples to ensure quality samples.
- Responsible for ordering archival tissue from internal and external sources.
- Maintain current documentation on all research study procedures.
- Serves as department liaison with outside support groups, i.e. pathology, gastroenterology, and multiple research laboratories both in-house and third-party.
- Ability to anticipate daily changes in schedule, maintaining a smooth patient flow.
- Uses universal safety precautions to protect self and co-workers from biohazardous materials, including blood-borne pathogens.
- Maintains good working knowledge of all assigned research protocols and reporting requirements.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and consistent basis by the incumbent(s). It should not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are similar in nature and level of difficulty.Equipment, Machine, or Tool Requirements:
- Transmits and distributes protocol information.
- Responsible for submission, verification, and maintenance of protocol specific information on the SKCCC Research Protocol Library.
- Maintains research data for each assigned protocol.
- With assistance, prepares and submits annual renewal requests, amendments and adverse event reports with clinical input according to IRB requirements.
- Adheres to all protocol requirements to ensure the validity of the clinical research data.
- May assist the principal investigator and/or program manager in defining information and plans required to accomplish goals of studies.
- May help design and create protocol‑ specific data collection forms with assistance.
- Verifies patient eligibility for studies by comparing patient history and clinical laboratory results with study requirements.
- Maintains a research chart for each patient.
- Collects, enters and compiles clinical data from a variety of sources.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of data so that information may be used for presentations and publication.
- Verifies scheduling of patient appointments and tests.
- Meets regularly with Principal Investigator, Co-investigators and Research Program Manager to review data accuracy and overall study progress.
- Participates in all mandatory meetings to develop increasing knowledge of assigned requirements.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- General computer skills, with experience with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's Degree related discipline.
- Related experience may substitute for required education as per the JHU Equivalency Formula.
- Eligibility for certification by a professional clinical research organization is preferred.
- Experience in database operations required.
- Some related experience required. Additional graduate level courses may substitute for some work experience.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Proficiency in PC operations and software application such as MS Windows, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Ability to learn new database and software applications is required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail skills required.
- Ability to follow multiple, detailed directions of various protocols.
- Knowledge of medical terminology highly desired.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must adhere to guidelines regarding honest reporting of sensitive and confidential patient information.
- Understands the importance/impact of data integrity in terms of patients, study results, costs, quality of service and scientific research in general.
- Regular contact with physicians, other health care personnel and occasionally, patients, requires the use of good judgment, tact and sensitivity.
Classified Title: Research Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $16.42 - $22.57/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am- 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: Cancer Immunology/GI Clinical Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Program-Coordinator-MD-21231/889644800/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.