If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Anesthesiology has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Research Associate 2 to work in the UHealth Campus. The Research Associate 2 contributes to the University's research activities under the supervision of senior staff. Moreover, the incumbent understands, interprets, and complies with research policies and protocols.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for carrying out independent research experiments under the scientific guidance of the PI or senior lab members.
- Assist with other lab members' research as directed by the PI.
- Directly responsible for properly managing and supervising the acquisition, processing, storage.
- Ensures all Laboratory activities are performed correctly.
- Responsible for reading and understanding the study protocols.
- Ensures handling of all samples adheres to OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Standard using Universal precautions.
- Orders laboratory supplies as needed.
- Attends and participates in scientific meetings and training groups as requested.
- Keeps detailed notebooks and records of all scientific experiments and regularly presents research results in lab meeting.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience working in a molecular biology lab is absolutely preferred, including prior experience in the following techniques: DNA extractions, RT-PCR, quantitative PCR, AAV/lentivirus production, gene silencing by shRNA, western blots, ChIP, FISH-IF, luciferase assay, or tissue culture.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English is required.
- Excellent data recording and organizational skills as well as excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- Detail oriented with a willingness to learn new skills and work independently, but still be a team player.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: