About LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions - Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Agile Scrum Master
REMOTE USA or from our Alpharetta, GA headquarters
The Agile Scrum Master provides support to the Engineering Program Management (EPM) team and is directly responsible for significant, cross functional technical projects, typically with large budgets and sizeable staff, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc.
This position focuses on the day-to-day Engineering Project Management for the Insurance business unit which engages in a variety of activities. The Scrum master will be managing and delivering initiatives from new major product launches on multi-million dollar business cases, significant compliance activities, and HPCC platform improvements.
The Scrum Master will participate in the prioritization, planning and execution of development sprints as well as help design and define our Agile best practices and processes. This person will be hands-on, guiding the teams and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to deliver exciting applications to our users.
This position will work closely with the Business stakeholders at all levels of the organization ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- 10+ years of IT PMO experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology, finance, business, or equivalent experience required
- Technical knowledge - Software Development Lifecycle. Advance knowledge working with Agile.
- Project governance certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile, etc.) preferred
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to help remove project roadblocks or improve organization productivity. Demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients. Works with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Foster Teamwork: Work collaboratively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance cross functional effectiveness.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the project forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Drive organizational change taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities. Actively participates in cross-functional groups to solve problems across conflicting projects.
- Tools: Experience using JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, and MS Visio.
- Methodology: Emphasis on Agile or hybrid methodology for software application development solutions.
* Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
* Works directly with the assigned Project Manager to effectively communicate status and drive the project towards a successful completion.
* Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
* Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
* Identify areas where the team can improve delivery, increase velocity, and have a better overall user experience.
* Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
* Helps employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development
* Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
* Works with Scrum Team, as well as other technology and business stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
* Promotes adherence to Agile software development best practices and acts as an Agile coach to the project team.
* Resolves team impediments to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
* Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
* Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
* Recommends change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team.
* Ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
* Must be able to learn the applications you support and be able to speak to themWorking Conditions
Team members work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet milestones.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.