Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
018263 Reliability Engineer (Open)
Applies knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical controls, and PLC programming to support projects for the repair, upgrade or replacement of facility equipment and controls. Conducts process optimization trials, performs troubleshooting and analysis, and develops strategies to reduce product variability, waste and operating costs. Create statistical analysis, charts, drawings, and reports to help illustrate and showcase potential issues within a product lifecycle or business process and how to improve it. Works on projects of large scope and complexity and resolves problems where precedent may not exist. Often leads the work of small project teams and may formally train less experienced engineering colleagues.
Education and Experience
- Participates in projects that support the maintenance, repair, upgrade, or complete replacement of facility controls and equipment.
- Manages projects and provides scope development, cost and time estimates, evaluation of costs and benefits, tracking, controlling and reporting.
- Programs manufacturing equipment PLCs and other controls, and provides equipment controls technical support to project engineers, vendors, facility managers, and internal maintenance on projects.
- Conducts design reviews to ensure components and assemblies comply with customer specifications.
- Creates training manuals and conducts training for machine operators and maintenance team.
- Prepares equipment and controls specifications and places orders. Evaluates existing equipment and controls with regard to productivity, cost-efficiency and safety, and makes recommendations for possible improvements.
- Conducts processes optimization trials, performs troubleshooting and analysis, and develops strategies to reduce product variability, waste and operating costs.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all work performed and prepares monthly quality and production reports.
- Prepares and ships samples for compliance testing and analyzes outside lab compliance tests.
- May support visible emissions evaluation, inspections, or chemical inventory duties.
- Stays current of engineering technologies and trends for process improvement potential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 4-8 years of experience.
- Possesses thorough understanding of electrical engineering with experience in machine controls, system analysis, design, development, and troubleshooting.
- Possesses working knowledge of cost estimation, specification and codes.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communications, project management, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses technical acumen and understanding of financial concepts (cost analysis, budgets).
- Demonstrates strong CAD and PLC programming skills.
- Engineering degree preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.