What we offer:
- Education Assistance offered
- Effective Day 1 Benefit Package(Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)for positions 16 hours per week or greater
- Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
- Generous paid time off program
- Retirement Savings program with employer match starting on Day 1
Days, part time.About The Job:
The Patient Access Representative greet patients, family and visitors. This position is responsible for maintaining patient flow, scheduling appointments, registering patients and operation of the switchboard. This includes verifying demographic, clinical, financial and insurance information in the process of registering patients for service delivery, including the entry of patient/guarantor information in the patient accounting system, collection of patient signatures on all appropriate forms and the imaging/copying/scanning of registration documents. Staff are expected to conduct online insurance eligibility/benefit verification, notify patient/guarantor of charge estimates when applicable, collect patient liabilities, and provide patient financial assistance paperwork when applicable. Acts as cashier in accepting payments from patients, insurance companies, staff, etc. The Patient Access Representative are expected to enhance the patient experience throughout all patient interactions, the majority of which will be face-to-face.What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One-year post high school education preferred.
- Past work experience of at least one year within a healthcare provider environment, performing patient access and/or customer services activities preferred.
Special Skills and Competencies:
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/DisabledIn compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, please call Human Resources at (641) 428-7287 or email us at email@example.comOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and flexibility to meet department needs
- Must be able to read, write and/or speak English.
- Computer/PC experience/skills are required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written , interpersonal skills are necessary in dealing with internal and external customers, including the ability to interpret customer requirements, recommend and take action to satisfy the customer's needs. Accuracy and time management skills required
- Completes Mandatory Reporting: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse requirement within 6 months of hire and renews this requirement every 3 years.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.