*** This DAY position will be Tuesday through Saturday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM ***
General Summary/Overview Statement
Working under direction and following standard policies and procedures, inspects, repairs, maintains, and/or assists in the installation of air conditioning systems, heating systems, and refrigerated equipment throughout the Hospital facilities and satellites using test equipment, manuals, specifications and drawings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment
• Performs routine maintenance on equipment
• Knowledge of building automation systems.
• Ability to work with contractors.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
May supervise one or more employees.
Complete daily time charges via iPad for charge-back purposes.
• Compliance with the Hospital and department rules on uniforms in addition to the Buildings & Grounds policy and procedure manual.
• The use of safety equipment such as: respirators, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc. on specific job assignments.
• a) Pass respirator clearance exam, b) along with compliance with Hospital's universal precaution rules.
• Understand and practice patient confidentiality (HIPPA)
• Understand and practice infection control through proper dust containment. Understand the use of the environmental containment booths.
• Provide own hand tools.
Massachusetts General Hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Prescription, Tuition Reimbursement, generous PTO, 403B plan with a match, Flex spending accounts, Disability and Life Insurance, and discounts for MBTA and gym memberships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Must have a Refrigeration Technician's License - Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Must have a EPA Type 1, Type 2 Certification
• Minimum of seven years related experience.
• Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
• Interpersonal skills to: a) provide direction to other employees while working together on a project, b) communicate information about work to other trades personnel.
• Physical ability to climb ladders frequently and walk or stand very frequently. Occasionally (less than 15% of the time) must exert effort to lift over seventy pounds.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 24 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!