The University of Virginias, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health seeks a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) with RN licensure: Referral on Release, Hepatitis C Navigator to provide education via telehealth, case management, and navigation to care upon release from incarceration. This position works with individuals that are hepatitis C positive, currently incarcerated, and scheduled for release in the near future.
The ideal candidate is a professional clinician focused on population management with demonstrated capability to provide relationship-based care within a collaborative multidisciplinary team. This CRC utilizes advanced critical thinking to develop, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that educates, empowers and optimizes patient outcomes throughout all transitions within the continuum of care. This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model. ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
Key Performance Area: Patient Care
- Review hepatitis C referrals for need for additional laboratory or radiographic evaluation prior to release as well as possible referral to hepatology
- Communicate with Department of Corrections staff and UVA staff to schedule referral for initial telehealth visit
- Provide education on prevention and transmission of hepatitis C, related symptoms and treatment options
- Assists patients in navigating the health care systems throughout the state to connect to treatment for hepatitis C on release
- Serves as a point of contact for patients upon release by providing guidance and advocacy within/outside the health care system and community resources
- Utilize interpersonal skills to connect with patients, colleagues and community partners
- Coordinate logistics, identify and create training materials to support ongoing projects
- Work with project management to create education for correction system overall on prevention of hepatitis C and harm reduction practices
- Collaborate with administrative coordinator to maintain and quality check program databases
Key Performance Area: Leadership
- Analyzes and interprets systems used by case managers, and others, that impact on the provision of services available upon re-entry; to improve the level of services and care offered in linkage to care on release.
- Develops strategies, policies, and/or procedures with department leadership and project lead(s) for consideration.
- Establishes objectives with project lead and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Stays up to date and informed with current literature, as well as participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in areas relevant to assigned projects
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Training and other Requirements:
1. Participate in educational training provided by local agencies in regarding to HCV care or services needed by clients.
2. Code of Virginia: 18VAC90-19-160. Continued competency requirements for renewal of an active license. To renew an active nursing license, a licensee shall complete at least one of the following learning activities or courses:
- Current specialty certification by a national certifying organization, as defined in 18VAC90-19-10
- Completion of a minimum of three credit hours of post-licensure academic education relevant to nursing practice, offered by a regionally accredited college or university;
- A board-approved refresher course in nursing;
- Completion of nursing-related, evidence-based practice project or research study;
- Completion of publication as the author or co-author during a renewal cycle;
- Teaching or developing a nursing-related course resulting in no less than three semester hours of college credit, a 15-week course, or specialty certification;
- Teaching or developing nursing-related continuing education courses for up to 30 contact hours;
- Fifteen contact hours of workshops, seminars, conferences, or courses relevant to the practice of nursing and 640 hours of active practice as a nurse; or
- Thirty contact hours of workshops, seminars, conferences, or courses relevant to the practice of nursing.
- Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
- Experience: 3 years progressively responsible patient navigation experience
- Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Please visit this page prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
This job has expired.